1: Nova

1: Nova

"This is amazing," I told my friend Florence as we entered our new apartment, which was a gift for the both of us from our fathers. "I can't believe we're gonna be living here."

I took in the view from the giant windows that overlooked the city of New York, the beauty almost blinding me. Due to our fathers being crazy rich, they bought us an apartment smack dead in the center of New York City, that probably cost them an arm and a leg.

"I-I don't even know what to say," Flora murmured. "This is way too much for me to handle."

Not bothering to reply to her, I just nodded my head. "We have to celebrate our new college life somehow."

"How? It's not like two eighteen-year-old girls can go drinking in a bar." Flora laughed. She placed her Louis Vuitton bag on the couch, sitting down right next to it and grabbing her phone as she looked through the text messages on her phone, probably texting her boyfriend Chase.

I snorted," I'm pretty sure we can bribe at least one bouncer. Plus, if we're caked in make-up they can't even tell how old we are. It'll add at least like 3 years."

"I don't know," Flora murmured once again. "I'm pretty sure we shouldn't be doing this."

A sigh escaped past my lips as I stared at my best friend with a stern yet disappointed look on my face. "Cmon, Flora, I can't go out by myself. I don't know what kind of creeps will hit on me or what will happen."

"How about we just don't go?" Flora suggested as she looked at me, a hopeful look on her face. Seconds later it disappeared from her face when she realized I wasn't pleased with her answer. With a defeated groan she finally said, "Fine. But I'm definitely not drinking."

I shrieked, "Yes! You're an angel."

*

Approximately six hours later, just a bit before midnight both of us were ready to have an amazing night. Flora and I both wore black dresses and high heels, our necks covered in diamonds and flattering makeup on our faces.

We decided to go to a bar that was kind of close to our apartment building. That way we wouldn't have to pay for a taxi and in case something went wrong, we could easily come home. Who knows what might happen on a night out like this. The city is always filled with creepy people on a Friday night. Plus some guys can't understand the word 'No' when you try to get them to leave you alone.

I could sense Flora's nerves as we were waiting in line to get into a bar. She kept tugging on her shirt and chewing on the skin around her nails as her eyes frantically looked around, probably making sure there weren't any police cars around.

"Stop fidgeting," I whispered to her. "You're gonna get us caught if you keep acting like that."

My eyes flicked across the street where there was another bar. There weren't many people waiting in line there compared to this bar so I'm guessing it wasn't as good. When my eyes landed on two guys I felt a sly smile appear on my face. They were both very handsome, one even hotter than the other. One of them had a few tattoos on his arms, while the other one was stylish in a black leather jacket so I couldn't tell if he had any as well.

I continued to watch them as they did the bro hug with the bouncer and stepped inside. The guy who entered last turned around once more to scan the area. Almost like the way Flora scanned the area beforehand like he was afraid of something. I saw him chuckle when the bouncer told him something and just for a second our eyes met before he stepped inside without acknowledging my presence.