6: Nova

6: Nova

SVEN LOOKS so fucking hot tonight. I can barely keep my eyes off of him.

I could sense he's very nervous for some reason. He keeps fidgeting in his seat, adjusting his jacket or pants all the time and avoiding eye contact as much as possible.

"How've you been?" I ask him, taking a sip from my wine glass, the white liquid seeping down my throat, warming up every part of my body. "How's school? How's life?"

He takes a sip of his wine as well. "I'm good. School's pretty quiet at the moment, we're just doing some designs and that's about it really. Life's also very slow and boring, I don't have much going on at the moment. I might go back to Walden with my friends one weekend, we're all missing it pretty badly."

"What's it like over there?"

"It's a basic beach town," Sven chuckles. "Beaches, volleyball, gorgeous people, warm weather."

"Ah, now that explains why you look like that," I tell him, a smile appearing on my face. He blushes at my compliment, clearing his throat and taking another sip.

He leans one of his arms onto the couch and turns his body slightly towards me, placing his wine glass on the table. "And what exactly do you mean?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

I shrug, "You know, handsome and irresistible."

"Oh, am I now?"

I can feel and hear the flirtatious tone of his voice.

Breathe, Nova, breathe.

"I'm pretty sure you know exactly how handsome you are." I grin at him.

He just shakes his head lightly at my comment and suddenly stands up, throws his leather jacket onto the couch and starts looking around the place. His eyes linger on the countless pieces of art, the furniture and pretty much everything seems fascinating to him. This right here explains why he's so into interior design, it's like he's eating up everything in my apartment.

Smoothing out my dress I also stand up, still carrying my wine glass as I walk behind him. He's eyeing a piece of art that my father purchased for the apartment.

I stand closer to him and I'm almost completely pressed against his back. I feel him stiffening as my fingers trail up his arm for a second, tracing the ink covering his skin. All the tattoos he has are on his bicep or upper arm mostly and I'm totally digging it.

"It's Rembrandt," I whisper to him. I notice the goosebumps appearing on his neck as he holds his breath. "Stunning, don't you think?"

"Yes, very," he breathes and his eyes meet mine. It almost seems like he's not talking about the painting anymore.

Sven turns around quickly, my eyes widening when I feel a cold liquid hitting my chest.

I look down and see my dress getting wetter, the wine glass empty and Sven's eyes wide when he realises that he accidentally knocked my wine glass in the process, making me spill everything onto my dress.

His eyes nearly pop out of their sockets. "I'm so sorry," he says, rushing to the table to grab a few napkins and hurries back to me as he starts dabbing my dress.

"Uh, Sven, sweetie," I place my glass quickly down on the table as he continues panicking and rubbing my dress dry. "It's silk, don't do that. I'll just take it to the cleaners."

Our eyes meet once he stops, my fingers carefully wrapped around his wrist, the napkin in the middle of my chest with one of his hands slightly brushing one of my breasts. His eyes lower and he sucks in a breath of air. He gulps as his Adam's apple moves up and down.