Chapter 16: Volleyball Tryouts

Chapter 16

"Just try out!" Ariana said for the tenth time. 

"No." I stated firmly. "I can't even hit a volleyball." That was a lie. 

"Dude! I've seen you hit a volleyball. Remember when Ethan tried flirting with you during PE and you spiked the ball directly at his face. Oh my god. Good thing he ducked." She bursted out laughing at the memory. 

So here's the deal, Ariana's been trying to get me to tryout for volleyball. My mom did play volleyball during her high school days and she kind of taught me a few things. But I didn't know if I wanted to be on the team. First of all, you wear spandex in front of everyone at the games. By everyone I mean the perverts at our school. They come down to the games to watch girls hit a ball and jump around, dressed in short spandex that were shorter than some of my underwar. Secondly, I didn't know if I was that good. I mean sure, I can hit a ball. But a team? 

"If I say yes, will you stop bugging me about it?" I asked, defeatedly. 

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" she squealed. "I can't wait to tell Colette! We'll be your cheerleaders!" Colette and Ariana have gotten really close this past month. I'm really happy about that because Colette was one of my best friends and Ariana was like the little sister that I never had. 

"Woah, woah, woah. You don't even know if I'm going to make the team." 

"You will." she said, confidently. "Come on! Tryouts start in an hour. Go get your gym clothes and change!" 

"Wait. Don't I need spandex?" 

"Oh yeah huh! I'll go ask one of my friends if you can borrow one of her's." With that, she dragged me to the locker rooms and got an extra pair of spandex from her friend. 

"Alright ladies! First thing you have to do is serve!" the coach told us. 

Everyone stood in a line and waited for their turn to come to serve. I was the fifth person in line. To my surprise, I wasn't that nervous. I felt like I was meant to be doing this. 

By the time it was my turn, I heard the doors of the gymnasium open. But, I was too focused on the ball to notice who went inside. I served the ball without a problem and everyone cheered for me. 

I smiled at everyone and looked at the door. There I saw Ethan and his friends. Are you serious? They can't be here. I mean this is private volleyball tryouts. 

He smiled at me and waved. Wait, smiled? Smiled? Did he just smile? Not smirk? What? 

I waved back, awkwardly and went towards the coach. 

Before I knew it tryouts were over and the coach was talking to us while we were in a huddle. "Alright ladies! The results will be posted in two days! You'll find out if you're on Freshman, Junior Varisty, or Varsity! Good job!" With that, we all high-fived each other. 

I went straight outside and saw that Ethan and his friends were leaning against the lockers next to the gym. 

I quickly walked away but of course, that wasn't enough. "Andrea! Hey! Wait up!" he yelled from across the hall. God dammit this boy just doesn't know when to stop. 

I tried picking up my pace but since luck wasn't on my side, he caught up to me and held onto my arm.

"How was tryouts?" he asked with a small smile. Why does he keep smiling today? 

"Um good?"

"Really? I saw you and you're really good. I know you'll make the team." he stated, again with a small smile. 

"Are you okay? Did someone put drugs in your food?" I asked. I mean why was he being so un-Ethan?

"No? Why? Is something wrong?" he asked confused. 

"No. Well yes, why are acting all weird?" 

"Weird? I was just asking you how your tryouts went." he explained slowly. 

"But you usually just make perverted comments and say stupid things." 

"Well I'm sorry?" he paused and said, "How about we go on a date?" 

"No." 

"Why?" 

"Because you're kind of annoying." 

"Well, I'll try to be un-annoying." he winks. 

"No, thank you. I'm really tired and I want to lie down on my bed and watch tv." 

"I'll join you then!" he exclaimed, with a huge grin on his face. Why would I want him in my bed? I'll end up killing him with my lamp. 

"No. How about you go get run over by a truck?" I suggest. 

"That's harsh." he said, mockingly. "But seriously. Can I come over?" 

"How many times do I have to say no, for you to get what the word actually means?" 

"Until you say yes." 

I'm seriously getting a headache just by talking to him. Then, I thought of a plan. "Hey? You can come over," his face lights up, "if you get me starbucks and pizza, oh and watch the One Direction: This Is Us movie with me." I smiled brightly, knowing that he would say no and leave me alone. 

Although, what he said next wasn't what I expected, "Sure! Anything to be with you, babe." he winked. W-wait? What?! What kind of guy would even agree to this?! 

"What?! Are you crazy?" I exclaimed, throwing my arms up in the air.

"No? I don't think I am." he questioned. "But let's go! We'll drive to get pizza and Starbucks. You have the DVD don't you?" he asked.

Ugh. I'm so frustrated, I didn't even argue with him. I nodded, sulkily while he smiled brightly. 

He led me to his sick sports car. Damn, I wanted a car like that. 

Great, now I have to have the player over my house to watch One Direction. Can my day get any better? 

FINALLY UPDATED! Sorry for the wait guys! School has been hell and basketball has been hard for me. ): But IM BACK! So, I went to the One Direction concert on September 12 and it was the best day of my life. <3 So I'll probably update in two days, depending on homework! Thank you for all your support! Love you all! 

PS: This chapter is not proofread so please forgive me for any mistakes. (: 

QOTD: Favorite band/artist?