Bartender & Happy Pt 1

Imagine you catch feelings for a regular at your bar while in an unhappy relationship with your long time boyfriend. Part 1

Word count: 1398
Warnings: none
Pairing: Happy x Reader

"Come on, gorgeous. Give me one good reason on why you can't come? It's just a little party," the bald man in the biker kutte spoke with a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

"I work in a bar, Happy. I can't take off on a Friday night," you rolled your eyes as you topped off his drink.

He lazily picked at the peanuts on the napkin in front of him while you took care of the other people in the bar. Happy watched as your hips were playfully swinging along to the loud music, the other men in the bar watching you made his blood boil.

"You want a burger again tonight, Hon?" Andrea, another girl working in the bar, asked as she stood behind him reaching around to lightly graze his chest with her fingertips.

"I'd love one, darlin," he said with a wink causing her to giggle. You huffed in annoyance with you, your coworker, and with Happy. You couldn't believe that you were getting jealous over a man that wasn't your boyfriend.

Your relationship with your boyfriend had become dull and lifeless a long time ago. There was no more trust, no more anger over the lack of trust. You felt nothing for him anymore, but it was convenient to stay with him. Maybe it was time for a change.

You pulled your top down a slight bit more and made your way over to Happy. "So are you picking me up?" You leaned over the bar to refill his drink again. "I thought you weren't coming?"

"Do you want me to change my mind?"

His eyes flashed down toward your chest before looking back up at you, "Where am I picking you up?"

"Here. Ten o'clock, don't be late."

"You're a bossy woman," he rasped as he tossed money onto the bar and walked out.

-

When Friday night rolled around you clocked out of work at 9:45 and headed into the break room locking the door behind you. You changed into a cropped tank top and a pair of high waisted jeans, and double checked your hair and makeup before heading back out to the bar. You sipped a beer while you waited for Happy to arrive.

Andrea's attitude toward you was abrasive, almost hateful because of her jealousy over Happy picking you. However as the clock ticked further and further past ten her attitude became smug, almost gleeful at you being stood up. Sometime after ten you had switched from beer to shots of tequila, preferring the burn of the liquor to the stinging of your pride.

"I'm a fucking idiot," you hissed as you stood up grabbing your bag and starting toward the door. What had you been thinking? Of course it would turn out badly. Even though you technically weren't cheating by going to a party it was still wrong, and karma is a bitch.

You shoved the door open, it only opened halfway before stopping, "What the fuck?" a raspy voice grunted at you.

"Oh, shit, girl! I didn't realize it was you, sorry I'm late. Got hung up. You ready to go?" Happy asked as he let the door shut behind you.

"I was ready to go an hour ago," you hissed barely looking up at him as you walked over to the only bike in the parking lot. He didn't say anything, just handed you a helmet.

When you arrived the party was in full swing and Happy still hadn't said a word.

"Where's the bar?"

He cocked his head toward what looked like a boxing ring, "Inside there, I'll show ya."

You followed quietly behind, until an arm was hooked around your waist and you were pulled against someone who smelled strongly of cigarettes and whiskey.

"Hey, sweetheart," the man slurred his lips against your ear.

"Happy!" You called as you tried to shove the man off of you. Happy turned around, a glare settling on the man who held you.

"She's with me," Happy barked at the man who immediately released you. You jogged over to Happy, staying close to his side.

"What's up with that?"

"He thought you were just a Cro Eater, girls who just hang around the club for the patch, they sleep with pretty much anyone."

When you finally made it to the bar you relaxed slightly, feeling at ease in a familiar area. There was one guy behind the bar, he was young and seemed to be struggling with all of the drinks people were calling for. You felt bad for him, you knew how rough it could get on your own.

"I'll be right back, doll. Grab a beer." Happy instructed as he walked over toward an older man whose kutte said President. You watched as the man lead Happy and a few others away and you sighed. He wouldn't be back for a while.

You leaned against the bar, "Hey, I'm a bartender. You need a hand?" you asked the kid behind the bar, a look of relief washed across his face before being quickly replaced with suspicion. "Who are you?"

"Y/N, I'm a friend of Happy's. He's busy, you want help or not?"

"Halfsac. Come on around."

-

"Hap, come here." Gemma, the matriarch of the club, called to Happy a few hours later when he returned. "Yeah, Gem?" He asked as he made his way over to her.

"Who's the girl? Word is she's with you," Gemma spoke with a raised eyebrow as she gestured toward you. Happy looked over to the bar where he saw you sitting on the prospects shoulders pouring liquor directly into the mouths of members and cro eaters.

"Met her a few weeks ago, she's alright," Happy kept his voice even. He liked that you were getting along with the club, he didn't like you on Halfsac. "Is it serious?" Gemma asked and Happy shook his head before walking over to the bar.

"Hey, Hap," you smiled at him before hopping off Halfsac's shoulders. "What can I get you?" You leaned on the bar, close to him. You'd been drinking quite a bit, and he looked good. "Why don't you grab us a couple beers and take a break?" He suggested but it sounded more like an order. You nodded and turned back to Halfsac. "I'll see you later, Kip," you smiled giving him a quick hug before grabbing the beers and following Happy outside.

"You we're gone for a while," you noted as you handed him the beer. "Club shit," he nodded. You were growing frustrated with Happy, he was a completely different person here than when he came to see you at the bar.

"I should probably head home, thanks for bringing me though," you spoke so softly that he could barely hear you over the thumping of the music. "Whatever," he grunted before walking back inside. You rolled your eyes and walked toward the exit of the compound, digging your phone out of your bag to call a cab.

When you got your home your boyfriend didn't even seem to notice that you'd gotten home late or weren't in your uniform. It pissed you off even more but you remained silent.

The next night at the bar was a slow night, giving Andrea plenty of time to aggravate you about the party. As she was complaining about a customer Happy walked in and you sighed. He sat down in front of you and you rolled your eyes before getting him a beer.

"Hey, gorgeous," he rasped as you set it down in front of him.

"What?" Your voice was harsh and cold. He frowned.

"What do you want me to say?" He asked running his hand over his head.

"I want an explanation. You come in here, and joke and laugh and have fun. Then last night you're late, you ditch me, and give me the cold shoulder. What the hell is that about?" You snapped crossing your arms over your chest.

"I didn't know what to do," he sighed, "you fit in so well, and the guys liked you. I've never done this shit before. Not with someone like you," he seemed uncomfortable, you'd never seen him like that.

"What does that even mean?" You ran your fingers through your hair, pushing it away from your face.

"I like ya, Y/N,"