Chaptet Four

Theo, Ruth, and I walk up stairs.

"I will start cooking." Ruth says walking to the kitchen.

"No. Let me. You've done so much for me over the past day. Let me make it up to you." I say making her sit down in the living room.

"O. Thank you." She says smiling at me.

When I walk into the kitchen I look around to see what she has. After looking around I decide to make spaghetti with some cheesy bread.

Theo walks in. "Ruth went to go get some drinks. Do you need any help."

"Umm. Yes. Could you break up the spaghetti while I do the bread?" I say putting and apron on.

"Okay." Theo grabs and apron and puts it on. "So, you live with Ruth?"

"Actually, I have no idea." I say.

"What do you mean you have no idea?"

"Long story short I came here for a job, and I guess she took me under her wings." I say trying to ovoid telling him the whole story.

"O."

I put the bread in the oven. I go over to see how Theo's doing with the spaghetti. "I can take things from here." I say while taking the spoon from him. When I take it our hands brush past each other. The weird thing is I felt a spark.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

About 15 minutes later.

Theo and I have just been having small talk.

"I'm home." Ruth says walking in.

"Just in time dinner is ready." Theo says walking out with the spaghetti. I walk out with the bread.

"Devon, it looks amazing." Ruth says to me.

"Thanks, but Theo helped me out too." I say smiling at Theo.

"He was always a good chef." She says to me.

"How do you two know each other?" I ask.

"Well, before Theo was famous he would often come in here for books. Over the years we've gotten to know each other quiet well."

We start eating. We would have small talk about the movie Divergent. I learned that Theo plays Four which is my favorite character.

"I must be going now, but we should definitely do this again." Theo says grabbing his coat.

"Yes we should." Ruth says agreeing with Theo. "Maybe you can show Devon around town sometime?" She says smiling at me.

"I'd love to." He smiles at me.

"Bye." He waves.

"Bye." I say.

"Goodbye." Ruth says.

He leaves.

"Here. You can sleep in the guest room." Ruth says while walking to a room.

I hug her. "Thank you so much."

"It's my pleasure. If you ever need to talk I will be here."

I know that she wants to know what happened to me, but I'm just not ready to let people in. I don't want to be looked at like a little girl because I'm not.

-------------------------------------------

Sorry for the lack of updates on ALL my stories. I started school last week, and have been busy with homework, etc. Anyways I've been thinking and I might up date every weekend... I dont know tell me what you think. Lastly I want somebody who will say something like "Hey! You haven't updated in a while. Please get to it soon.", or something like that.

Here's another chapter. It's kind of a calm chapter. Hopefully I can find away to spice things up. If you have any suggestions I'd loved to hear them. Comment and vote. THANK YOU!

QOTD: What's the hardest subject in school for you?

AOTD: I think mine is math. I always feel like I'm the dumb one (I'm in advanced though, but I feel dumb compared to everyone else), but according to my state tests I stink at reading. Especially spelling.