Chapter Tris... Get it?

Theo and I start walking around small stores. Every store we went into the owners, or who ever was there, knew Theo, but Theo actually knew everyone's name.

"Wanna go to my favorite part of the town?" Theo asks me.

"I'd love too." I say smiling.

We start walking to the unknown destination. It wasn't that far of a walk.

"We're here." Theo says pointing to a very secluded bench looking over the lake. The lake was surrounded by thick woods, so it's hard to get to. Also if you didn't know any better you would think nothing other than trees were deeper inside the woods.

I walk over to the bench and sit. "Theo, it's beautiful."

"Yeah. It sure is." He says while sitting next to me.

The water sparkles perfectly. "I feel like I'm in a movie." I smile.

"What kind of movie?"

"I don't know. It's not finished yet... I'll tell you when it is."

He laughs. "So... What are you planning on doing?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"What are you planning to do with your life? Surely your not going to live the rest of your life with Ruth and working at the library."

"I'm not sure. I do want to find a place on my own, or at least live with someone closer to my age."

"So you can take guys home?" Theo says raising his eyebrows.

"Shut up!" I laugh. "I'm not like that."

"Then what are you like?" He says while leaning into me.

I freeze.

A part of me wants to kiss him, and wants to feel his warmth, but the other side is a different story. The last time I trusted a man I became afraid for my life. I don't think I can trust any man ever again.

"Wh-What time is it?" I say slowly backing away.

He backs away too, then he looks at his watch. "5, why?"

"I don't want Ruth to get worried." I say while getting up and walking away.

"I should walk you home." He says catching up to me.

"Thanks." I whisper.

We have a little conversation on the way back to Ruth's, but I know that I'm being more distant than before.

"Your home." Theo says.

"Yup. Thanks for everything." I say nervously.

"No problem. I had a blast. We should do this again."

"O-okay."

I wave good bye. I open the door with the keys Ruth gave me. I walk up the stairs to hear pounding.

I walk to the source of the pounding. It leads me to Ruth's room. I slowly open the door to be scarred for life...

When the door opens all the way I see Ruth on top of someone. Then she moans.

"O-O My Gosh! I-I'm sorry. I'm just gonna leave." I say while running downstairs and outside.

I run until I hit something hard. It ends up being Theo's strong chest.

"Ooff" I say when I bump into him.

"Devon? Why were you running?"

"I-Well I sorta walked in on Ruth..." I say while feeling my cheeks turn red.

He starts cracking up.

"THEO! THIS IS SERIOUS! I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE!" I yell at him.

"Okay. You're. Right." He says while trying to catch his breath. "Why don't I take you to my house for the night, so you don't have to-"

"I get it!" I interrupt him.

He calls a cab.

"You gotta teach me how to do that someday." I say while getting in.

Theo gives the cab driver the address. "Yeah, and you have to teach me how to walk in on someone having sex." He says laughing again.

I give him the middle finger.

The driver drops us off at a restaurant. "What are we doing here?" I ask

"O. I like to have them drop me off a few blocks away, so they don't know where I live."

"Smart."

We walk for a couple of blocks until we get to a big house fenced off. The outside was beautiful. The garden was marvelous.

Theo unlocks the door, and my jaw drops. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside. It's well decorated. It has leather couches, perfect lighting, spectacular paintings, etc.

"I know it's a dump." Theo says laughing. Then he starts laughing harder.

"What's so funny?"

"I still can't believe you walked in on Ruth!" He says while dying laughing.

"You're so immature." I mumble.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ I finally got this updated. I know it's been a long time. Tell me what you think, and what you think should happen next.

QOTD: What do you think I look like?

AOTD: I'll answer you next time.