Ch5: Ice-cream & Genevieve Felix

Start from the beginning

"no problem at all Ms. Hamilton" she gushed

"call me Avery" I told her as I walked away with two spoons .

I was bored to death so my least favourite person Jace was better than nothing.

I knocked on his door, he came and opened it up.

His light brown hair was all messed up.. And he still managed to look perfect. I stood there feeling like a potato.

"Avery" he smiled and let me in.

"so, I want you to fill me in on the history of Duke Henry and his family." I asked

"Sure, Love" he sat down beside me on the bed.

•Jace•

I didn't know where to start, she handed me a spoon and opened up the pint of ice-cream. She immediately dug her spoon in and ate.

"well, Duke Henry was the kings son. But not the heir to his throne. So basically he's the brother of the king right now. King Edward Draycott. Duke Henry was devastated that he wasn't the heir, but he learned to cope. He became the Duke of Apaltha, got married to Genevieve Felix, and has a son named Ben" I told her, taking a spoon of ice-cream. Avery was listening with interest and there was a little ice-cream on her nose which made her look so adorable..

I laughed and wiped it off with my finger

"sorry" Avery blushed. Gosh... How can Someone be so beautiful. I could see she had no makeup on and an oversized sweatshirt..

She looked so Goddamn perfect to me.

I looked at her biting her lips. I wanted to kiss her. I shook the feeling off and returned to the story

"well, um" I started again "About 10 years ago from today, Genevieve was murdered. Everyone says it was Duke Henry's Ex-fiancé Diamond Hansel, but the matter was never discussed. And well, it's been like that"

"well, it could probably be the same person who killed Genevieve" Avery said

"yes, my first thought too, but that seems unlikely for some matter" I said

"can we talk to The duke about that?" Avery asked, plopping down on my bed, her feet dangling down the bedside.

I plopped down next to her. She frowned.

"We sure can, Love" I smiled at her, turning my head sideways to her, she was so close. I could see the specks of brown in her dark blue eyes. I was lost in them. I didn't want to look away.

"One, stop calling me 'Love' it's freakish and annoying and then there's the fact that I already have a name.

Two, Get away from me" she pushed me away a little

"you're beautiful" I whispered To her, putting a stray lock of her hair behind ear

I felt her face lose its humorous expression , she looked into my eyes

She opened her mouth but she didn't say anything.

•Avery•

He was staring at me so fondly. He looked so perfect, it all felt .. So right. He hooked his pinkie with mine. I felt his face moving closer to mine.. His nose was now touching mine. My heart was beating so loud I could hear it thudding in my ears.

I wanted to look away but I couldn't. His eyes held me there, speechless.

CRASSHH!

A loud crashing sound was heard which startled me and we both got up and ran outside.

I saw a figure in black rushing away.

I darted behind it, it disappeared around a corner. I rushed across the hallway only to find it empty. There was one room to the left, I took a deep breath and went in, I looked around to see everything covered with white sheets, wallpapered red walls and an empty room.. There was no one. I checked the bathroom but it was empty too. The windows were locked cl

ose. Nope, no one here,

"AVERY! ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?" I heard Jace shouting, he entered the room panting and gasping for air

"Mr. Preston. You're pretty slow for an undercover agent" I smirked at him

He rolled his eyes

"yeah yeah. Tease all you want.. Did u see the person?" he asked

"no, I didn't.. I saw them coming this way but there's no one here" I explained looking around one last time. Nope, not a sign.

"come look what I found" Jace said as he lead me to the hallway, a broken vase lay shattered on the ground into a million little pieces. The flowers admist the mess. Red roses.

I followed Jace's gaze towards what he saw on the ground.

It was a piece of paper, with a knife jammed to it that went through the wooden floor.

I knelt down to see it. I carefully took the knife out. Trying not to ruin any fingerprints if there were any. servants had gathered around us.

The page wasn't torn or anything. It was a perfect piece of paper. With a watermark on it.

It read

"Henry,

I know you may not believe this, but these people have held me hostage all these years. Yes, I am Alive. They won't let me go until you agree to see them on the charity ball 3 days later. They will meet you outside by the lake, behind the castle. It's best if you're alone.

Yours Truly,

Gen"

Gen for.. Genevieve Felix?!