Part Two

Welcome to Part Two of Survive!!! I hope you enjoy!!!

"How many are there?!" Nick seethes, shotgun in hand.

"At least a hundred." Caleb growls back, knuckles white as he grips his knives tightly.

"How are we gonna get through them all?!" I whisper urgently, glancing around. "We're stuck in an alley with nothing behind us but a long tunnel leading to a wall!"

"We have to get through them to escape." Nick says tightly, voice hoarse.

Caleb closes his eyes, taking a deep breath as if to steady himself. "Ok guys. We stick together, no matter what. If we go down, we go down together." Caleb slowly stands, raising his knifes. He turns to us and gives a weak half smile. "Ready?"

"Ready." Nick and I answer together, voices strong, if not a little weary.

"Then let's go!!"

We rush forward, straight into the heart of the hoard. They swarm around us, forming a messy ring, leaving no chance of escape. It was too late to turn back now.

"Back to back!" I order my friends.

The zombies eye us hungrily, closing in.

I hear Nick start firing his gun to my left, Caleb charging a group of the nasty creatures with a yell.

I yell a battle cry, slicing through the neck of the nearest zombie.

A small ring surounds me, cutting me off from my group, and I turn slowly in a circle, eying my enemies.

All at once, I drop down, twisting my body in a circle, legs out, knocking them all off their feet.

I jump to my feet and pull out my pistol in a heartbeat, shooting them all in the head.

I look up, bullets flying at anything that came too close. I hear Nick's own gun firing from somewhere behind me, glancing at Caleb to my right, who is screaming at the monsters, attacking anything that dare come close.

A flash of movement caught my eye from in front of me, making me realize that I had lost focus. I turn around to find one of the hideous creatures mere inches from me. I cry out, but the sound was caught in my throat as the zombie was thrown to the left.

I stood there for a heartbeat, confusion radiating from my body. I shake my head quickly,  shooting the zombie that had fallen to the ground by some sort of force. I scan the area in front if me. All I find are zombies and fog. Suddenly, I glimps a figure in the heart hoard that seemed to stand out in some strange way, disappearing behind one of the zombies.

I shake myself, redirecting my attention back to the creatures before me.

For the next hour, I stab and shoot, taking out ten twenty, thirty of the horrid zombies.

The only sound on the ruined streets is gunfire and moans as zombies fall one by one. My mind shuts down after a while, and the only thing that I could think about was firing my gun at anything that moves.

A cry erupts from behind me in the silence that had blanketed my mind, and I whirl.

I squint, trying to find the source of the terrified yelp. A few yards away, Caleb collapses to the ground, cursing violently.