Log 1
So... Log 1. I think. This is stupid. Why would dad let me even do this? Why would I even listen to him and do this?

It was Tawfiq's voice. Just not as heavy as it was now. It sounded younger. She checked the date and it read 11 years ago.

She opened the next one.

Log 2
This is girlish. It's like a diary. It's not worth time. But dad wants me to. He even insists. It's the least I can do. Someone help me.

The next few ones were him trying to avoid using the recording device. But on the 13th log something changed.

Log 13
She wants us to go our separate ways. She supposedly can't handle the pressure. I am trying to change her mind.

Log 14
She's gone. She sent me a letter. I looked for her everywhere. What should I do? Ya Allah, help me.

Log 15
My mom is trying to set me up with one of her friend's daughter. She is nice but I don't want to marry her anytime soon. Or at all.

The next five logs were on how his mother was pestering his life and how he was being forced to accept the girl.

Log 21
So she left because of my mom. I should have known. She must have pressured her until she caved. It's always her fault.

Log 22
I hate this responsibility I'm supposed to carry. I don't want to be King. I hate this. I just want to be me.

Log 23
Dad isn't in agreement with me at all but he respects my decision. Mom. Well. She might never understand it. But I don't think I care.

There was a time gap where nothing was recorded for a few weeks but after that the logs continued.

Log 24
I'm leaving the country. I'm starting a new life, away from home. Mom thinks I'm going to learn how to rule. She's in for a shock.

Log 25
I've arrived in America. Well, Wyoming to be precise. I'm going to keep a low profile. I hope no one notices me. Hopefully they don't know about me or my family. I might have to change my hair color if it comes down to it.

Log 26
I met a new family. They invited me over after I helped their child. I think their house is better than the hotel. I will miss the grassland and my horse though

The following ones were about him getting used to living in the states and starting school, also about buying his new house and everything.
The audio really seemed to explain everything.

Naima understood why he left home now. He had his reasons. Yes, he didn't want to ascend the throne and she wasn't against his decision at all.
She just didn't understand why he would lie for so long. Why he didn't even try to tell her the truth after they got married.

Log 50
I met someone new today. I don't know her name yet but she seems tough and I think I'll keep on calling her Habiba. She doesn't like it though. But she looks cute when she's fussing about it. She dealt with Lacey very well and landed up in Detention with me. Should I say Alhamdulilah?
She got stuck in the rain so I had to send her home but I think something was wrong between her and her dad. I do hope she is fine. Even though I was honestly hurt by how she just brushed me off after I only tried to help her.

This was the first time he had mentioned her. It was like Naima was listening to his thoughts. She never knew he was that hurt when she brushed him off that night.