Episode 33

Episode 33: Our Battle Begins Here

After Mizuki constantly annoyed Shion, they finally made it to Ryuga’s castle.

Shion was relief that they finally arrive. “Okay, we’re here.”

The pilot makes sure to land a couple yards from Ryuga’s castle so they don’t get spotted. After Shion and Mizuki step out of the private jet, Shion give the pilot the okay to leave the area. The pilot left the area.

“So, we’re doing this,” Mizuki said uneasily.

Shion notice her tone, and got worry. “Are you nervous?”

Mizuki tries to put up a brave face. “I’m not,” she said, trying to calm her nerve.

“Don’t lie.” Shion walks up to Mizuki, and place a hand on her chest where her heart is. He can feel her fast pacing heartbeat.

Mizuki became fluster. “Sh-Shion…”

Shion retract his hand from Mizuki’s chest and smile. “You’re not alone.” He places a hand on Mizuki’s shoulder. “You got me.”

It takes Mizuki a few seconds to overcome her nervousness. She smiles. “You’re right. I’m not alone.” Shen turn around to look at Ryuga’s castle with determination. “Let’s do this.”

With that said Shion and Mizuki head to Ryuga’s castle. From the outside, the castle looks like a European castle from the old age dating back to the 14th century.

Once Shion and Mizuki enter the castle, they can feel a presence in the air. A voice can be heard in the air. It was Ryuga’s voice.

“Welcome to my castle.”

“Where are you, Ryuga?” Shion said.

Ryuga let out an evil laugh. “What do you think? I’m at the top.”

Mizuki look like she wants to say something.

“My dear girl, you look like you want to say something.”

Mizuki just keep a straight expression.

“Well…”

Mizuki start to speak up. “I’d rather talk to you face to face,” she said with confidence.

Ryuga was amused of her confidence. “Well then, come to me if you can.” Then, his presence disappears.

Then, in front of them are skeletons that appear through magic, surrounding them.

“I’ll accept his challenge,” Mizuki said with a smirk. It was surprising that she still contain some of her playful attitude towards something so serious.

Shion’s sword appears in the grip of his hand. He smiles. “Alright. It’s game time.”

They rush into battle while keeping a cool head, fearing nothing that gets in their way.

As they continue making their way to the top, they arrive in a big library room. On the ground floor, there are bookshelves on the right and on the left with a floor in the middle, separating them. There were long stained glass windows on the ground floor. The upper floor library contains bookshelves, a stairway on the left side of the room, and the upper floor extend to the right side of the room, plus a stained glass window in the middle of the upper floor. There are also photos and paintings hanging on the walls.

“It’s quiet in here,” Mizuki mention.

Shion look at Mizuki. “Maybe too quiet,” he said like there is an ambush waiting to happen.

They took a few couple steps forward. And then, the sound of the door being lock can be heard.

Mizuki look back at the door they just come from. “Oh boy.”

Shion walk up to the door they just come from, and try to open the door. He stops, and turns around to face Mizuki. He shrugs. “Whelp, there’s no turning back. Let’s look around.”

“Okay. Be careful.”

“You too.”

So, they start to look around the library. Mizuki took the upper floor while Shion stays on the ground floor.

While searching around, Mizuki was amaze that all the literature she found happens to be centuries old.

“These books must be old.” Mizuki took out a book from the shelf, and open it. She was surprise to see that the book is clean. There was no dust, no dirt, no rip. “Someone must be really determined to keep these clean.”

Shion calls out to Mizuki, “Hey, come down here. I think I found something.”

“Okay.” Mizuki close the book, and put the book back on the shelf.

Mizuki made her way off the upper floor. Just halfway, almost reaching the stairs, something came crashing through the stained glass window and push her off the upper floor, follow by what push her.

“Mizuki!” Shion rush to Mizuki’s rescue as he took out his sword.

Mizuki focus her vision, and see a werewolf in front of her, trying to rip her face off. “Werewolf?!”

When Shion reach Mizuki and the werewolf, he stabs the werewolf. The werewolf groans in pain, and disintegrate.

Shion lend Mizuki a hand. She gladly took it, and stands up.

“You okay?” Shion asked.

“Ow, my back,” Mizuki said as she rub her back.

“I’ll take that as a no?”

Mizuki arch backward, and heard a crack, popping her bones back into place. Shion wince at the sound of bones cracking.

Mizuki let out a sigh of relief. “I’m fine now.”

An animesweatdrop appears on Shion’s head. “Yeah, I can tell.”

Just then, more werewolves came jumping in from the upper floor’s broken stained glass.

“More of them,” Shion said as he get into a ready battle position.

Mizuki look left to right, and smile. She cracks her knuckles. “Let’s get this party started.”