Chapter 18 (END)

Jared's POV 

400 days after Anitta left 

It has been 400 days now that she had left me. Even with my connections and sources I did not know where she went or where she could have been and have lost track completely of her. All I could do was drink till I was drunk and went to bed. No jobs, no other women, nothing could make me forget her in my memory. Her clothes and the side of the bed still smelled of her and picturing her beside me, smiling at me, comforting me. All that imagination left inside me would become a reality. She would be here with me, physically. 

Looking around in the business cabin of the plane, all I could feel was emptiness. I am going to New York, one of the cities Anitta loves most to check on the status of her. With her image in my mind, I drift off dreaming about her and a beautiful baby girl chuckling and running around the house. 

Anitta's POV 

I smiled down at my beautiful daughter. She is so much like her dad: the eyes, the nose and the mouth. I wish Jared was here with me right now but after the party all I could feel was betrayal. My heart was shattered and nothing was more painful than the pains that Jared had brought to me that night. Giving birth to a baby girl was hard without him even with my father and sister there to support me along the way. 

It is now winter and New York is filled with snow. We tried to stay away from Jared and decided to move to New York. With my father's help, I am in a condo and hiring a part time nanny to help with bathing the baby as well as helping me to catch up with some sleep. I had been keeping a low profile in case of Jared trying to find me. I don't think I could say anything if we actually were face to face with each other. 

The sudden cry vanished my thoughts and I turned to face Ainslee. She has a temper exactly like her father. What am I supposed to do if I keep thinking about him? I was so depressed for many months and now is not the time to. I have to raise my daughter and be a good example for her. 

Since it was the weekend and I wanted to go shopping to release out stress, I bundled up Ainslee and take her with me to the department stores, one which I usually visit. I stopped at a baby store first since I had to buy Ainslee some new clothes for Christmas. It would be an amazing chance to forget about Jared. 

5 hours later, I came out the department store with various bags and items but I feel happy and relief that I had been able to spend time with my daughter and enjoy myself. Right when I stepped out, I saw a peculiar black car parked in front of the department store. A tall man walked out of the car and crossed the road. As I kept walking back home, I could feel somebody was following me. 

Out of nowhere, someone grabbed me from behind and smashed his lips into mine. It tasted similar, the similar smell except for the hint of alcohol I could smell from his mouth. Before I could scream and punch the man, he crashed me into his strong embrace and for a second I knew who that was. Jared, the one who betrayed me. I pushed off within seconds and took a breath, checking behind me to see if my daughter is alright. Her big eyes were examining the man behind me. I quickly pulled down the baby shield to stop him from looking at our daughter. 

"Is that... is that our daughter?" Jared asked shakily. 

I took a deep breath. The least I could do is at least tell him about our daughter. "Yes Jared. She is your daughter but from the moment you cheated on me, she is no longer your daughter and would not be your daughter any more." 

"Why? Why Anitta? I never and would never cheat on you. I never thought of any person instead of you. What makes you think like that?" 

"Let's go home and then we will talk there. I won't make my daughter stand in the cold for long." 

He reluctantly followed me and helped me carry the bags. When I stepped into my condo, I started to take Ainslee's clothes off and began to carry her to her playground for her to have fun while me and Jared have a talk. 

"Sit down while I make you some hot tea." 

"Please Anitta, I don't want any hot tea. Just hear me out." 

"Fine, I will hear you out. Would you just take a seat please?" 

He obeyed everything I said and sat down right away. 

"Explain Jared." 

"So what you saw that night at the party was not true. Laura, my ex-girlfriend, the girl who you saw kissing me was trying to get me back. But Anitta, I was captured by you, your beautiful soul and I love you. I love you. I love you. I really do. With my whole heart, Anitta, I love you." 

He did love me. He loved me. All those days that I was so scared of saying the words to him, he finally said it first. The tears were rolling down from my eyes and I could feel his whole body tense. 

"I love you too, Jared. I really loved you. I was so scared to say the words out because I didn't think you would love a person like me." I said through tears. 

He chuckled, "Just because our relationship started off as a contract relationship doesn't mean I wouldn't fall for you. In fact, I told you to sign the contract because I really loved you and I just didn't realized it back then." 

Then, he got off the chair and went down on one knee. Jared reached into his pockets and pulled out the prettiest and shiniest diamond ring I have ever seen. 

"Anitta Raynott, I know that we have been through serious ups and downs and that I may have missed our first daughter's birth but I love you and I love the baby girl and that I would never ever cheat on you. Would you marry me?" 

"YES, YES, YES. For a million times, yes I would!" 

He put the ring into my fingers and after that I jumped right at him. I could feel his warm tears trickling down and that he was very happy. 

"Can I go see my daughter now?" 

I pulled him to the playroom and there Ainslee sat looking adorably at her father. 

"Ainslee, this is your father, Jared." 

He pulled the baby girl into his arms and Ainslee fall on his shoulder right away. Trusting him more than she does with me. 

"Ainslee, what a beautiful name. What surname did you put for her?" 

"Yours" 

"Mine?" 

"Yes of course Jared. She is your child, she deserves to have your surname." 

"And her full name?" 

"Ainslee Ellyson Dimitrou." 

"Ainslee Ellyson Dimitrou, I love you baby girl." 

Hey guys, 

I am so sorry for this late update. I have been very busy with school. I will updating two epilogue (one for this book and another one to introduce a sequel to Ainslee's friend). Keep your posts updated. I will be updating and making a come back with another book soon. 

Love, 

daisy xoxo