f i f t y s i x » p a n a p o ' o

Start from the beginning

The night seemed to blur past us all and before I knew it, Blake and Pyper were hugging us goodbye and leaving. I knew Phoenix wanted to stay the night by just looking in his eyes and I found myself nodding happily as he pulled me in his lap. We were still in the living room, just us and his parents sitting across from us as his mother watched us with bright eyes.

"Adrianna," Phoenix said through gritted teeth, glaring at the game board. The four of us had been playing Monopoly for the past hour and a half and I was happily winning so far.

"She is her father's daughter, what else are you expecting?" Cartier breathed out painfully, staring brokenly at the game board as if this was real life.

I owned the boardwalk along with park place, all four railroads, both utilities, and had twice as much money in my hand than Phoenix and his father. Celeste had given up long ago, watching us play wildly on the ground as she sat on the sofa, sipping wine.

Cartier rolled the die and upon moving the iron and landing on the boardwalk, he grumbled under his breath as he handed me $1700. Phoenix went next, rolling a seven.

"Oh, my, god, I only have two hundred fucking dollars," he hissed as he moved his battleship and stopped on Reading Railroad.

"Goodnight," he exclaimed I burst out into laughter and laughed even harder when he successfully flipped the game board over. Celeste laughed as I threw my money in the air, letting it fall freely and I fell back on my back, laughing endlessly.

"I'm actually afraid to do business with Adrianna," Cartier said, "She was bloody merciless in this game, God knows how much havoc she can wreck in real life."

"She is the Spawn of Satan," Phoenix muttered, "And I'm already planning my revenge," he winked not so subtly at me.

"Oh really?" I raised a brow, challenging him.

"Yes, I think."

"You don't sound too certain," I said amusedly.

"That's because I'm planning," he muttered.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"You said something."

"You're delusional," he retorted and at this point I was no longer trying to stifle my laughs.

"You're in denial, my love."

"You're ugly." I gave up, I broke out into full laughter, clutching my chest as I started hyperventilating.

"You're just jealous I destroyed your arse," I attempted to mock his accent but covered my mouth giggling when I failed horribly. He gave up with his false brooding act and fell into laughter with me. I found myself nestled in his lap, his embrace once again. I tilted my head up and our eyes locked.

I had no idea how long we stayed like that before I realised Cartier was packing away Monopoly and immediately I felt terrible.

"Here, let me help you," I pulled out of Phoenix's arms earning a huff from him as I began picking up the property cards along with the community chest and chance cards, sorting them out.

"Adrianna, leave them, it's okay," Cartier chuckled.

"I feel bad," I mumbled, ignoring him.

"Phoenix, take her away," Celeste joined us on the floor, snatching the cards from my hands with a light laugh of her own.

"Come on, baby," Phoenix whispered in my ear, pulling me up from the ground with him.

"Goodnight Celeste, goodnight Cartier," I said reluctantly, bending down once again to hug both of them.