16. You wouldn't let your momma get hurt, would you Charlotte?

Start from the beginning

"It's Serpent tradition, every year we give back to the Southside. Toys for tots, meals on wheels, for kids and folks living alone", Toni explained. "The hells angels do it", Fangs chuckled.

"I'm always down for some charity work", I smiled. "Hey, have you seen our dad?", Jughead asked.

"Why aren't you two in school?", he asked stepping into the Wyrm on cue. "Uh, it's a half day before break", Jug explained while I walked up to Sweet Pea and hugged him from behind, looking at his awful wrapping skills.

"Well, in that case, you can hold down the front here, Jug", FP chuckled. "Or I could come with you guys", he suggested.

"Nice try, the answer is no"

"We do need another set of hands, boss", Tallboy added.

"There ya go, let me pull my weight. I don't know what the snake charmer has you doing-", "Sweet Pea, you're with us", my father said.

"No dad, leave him out of this", I snapped standing up. "You can run around with your boyfriend later, Lou. After all, you and your brother made this mess", my father snapped.

"It's okay, princess", Sweets smiled at me before leaving with the two men.

*

"Jug I can't believe him", I groaned while sitting on the couch. "Me nei-", Jug started but was cut off by a knock on our front door.

"Can I help you?", my brother asked as he opened the door. "Jughead Jones?", a man asked. "Maybe"

"I'm Jack Walsh, your guy's dad's parole officer", "He's not home", I said standing next to Jug.

"Doesn't need to be, do you mind if I come in?", the man asked. "Like we have a choice", Jug mumbled, opening the door further.

*

After dad's parole officers left Jug and I sat in silence on the couch looking at the two duffle bags. The man was curious about them and we were too.

The front door opened but neither Jug nor I bothered to look at our dad, "Did you open them?".

"No, dad. Out of respect for you. But your parole officer, Mister Walsh, he sure was curious", Jug said. "Walsh was here?".

"Yeah, don't worry, we got rid of him. But he already has heard that the Serpents are moving into narcos territory", I said.

Our father then opened one bag which was filled with presents. "Gift boxes? With drugs in them?", Jug asked. "No, with gifts for you, Jellybean, Lou, and your mom", dad explained making me scoff.

"Christmas day, I thought we'd take a ride to Toledo and deliver them in person". "Dad, this isn't gonna work. Today, it's gifts, tomorrow it's drugs or weapons or god knows what. How long is this gonna go on-", I asked.

"As long as Penny wants", dad yelled.

"If her favors keep getting bigger, which you know that they will, what happens when she asks for more Serpents on this?", Jug asked getting in front of me protectively.

"Then I'll bring more Serpents!", "This isn't gonna work", I insisted.

"You know what? You're right, this isn't gonna work, you two and I living together. So maybe you can go back to Fred's or Betty's and you go to the Blossom's", dad yelled.

"Betty and I split-", "Then what do you want me to say?!"

"I just want you to let us fix this mess that we made", Jug said. "Get this through your thick skull, kids. We are trapped. We got no leverage. If that means I gotta be Penny's dancing monkey for the time being, then that's how it goes. I'm gonna get some rest, I have a long night ahead of me", dad scoffed walking in his bedroom.