Chapter 4: Is that a threat?

My hands clenched tightly together. It was just what I expected. A threat. And I was thinking of all my snarky combats when I realized that it may not be worth risking Quinton's life over a stupid name. Besides, it's not like he could do anything with it...right?

"Finley," I spit out and smiled. 

Peter Pan raised his eyebrow higher than I ever could. That annoyed me, again. But then, everything about him was so annoying. Maybe it was because he wasn't a normal villain.

"Finley, hmm... isn't that a boy's name?"

"Oh, yeah, definitely, but last time I checked...I'm a girl," I slapped my hands against my side.  "Now are you done mocking me? Aren't you gonna try and kill me now?"

"Kill you? No, I want to help you," Peter Pan grinned at my bewildered face.  "You see, you're special."

"Of course I am," I said. "And I am especially gonna go...unless you've actually gotten something valuable to say." I try to walk past him, but he grabs my arm which sends an icy chill through my body.

"If you want to live you will let me go...now," I hiss at him. 

"Is that a threat?" Peter pan chuckled, totally unfazed. "I'm gonna give you a clue...it might just save your life" Peter Pan let go of my arm and I took a huge step back from him. 

I kept quiet, waiting for him to finish.

"If you really want all that pixie dust,  and return with it alive, you better watch your back, sometimes...the people closest to you, are the ones you should fear the most," Peter Pan vanished again from sight.  My heart froze. 

"Finley..."

I turned to see Quinton. He held a small leather bag. "I think I got it."

Sorry for such a short chapter, but I really wanted to post an update, and this seemed a fitting ending for the chapter

Sorry for such a short chapter, but I really wanted to post an update, and this seemed a fitting ending for the chapter. Hope you are still all having fun reading, and have a lovely day!