Resurfaced Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Well Mr Black, hypothetically it may vary. But let's make sure this is all just general questions, and not real ones." McGonagall said, ensuring all the marauders heard her.

"Minnie?" Asked James.

"Mr Potter, I assure you that if you call me anything besides Professor again, I'll remove points from Gryffindor. Understand?" She said, only answering his question when she received a nod.

"Professor, hypothetically, what would happen if you swallow a mandrake leaf?"

"Potter, this lesson isn't even on Animagi. I assure you, that you'll learn all about it in defence against the dark arts in due course."

When the marauders each had downtrodden expressions and seemed to be pretending to be sad, McGonagall answered my Dad's question with no more than an eye roll.

"You wouldn't suffer from medical problems but you'd have to begin the process again."

"Thanks Minnie." Said Sirius.

"5 points from Gryffindor."

"But you said you'd take points if James said it, not Sirius." Remus intervened.

"Very well, but those 5 points will still be removed for all the whispering." She said while Sirius and Remus were in the middle of a high five and a 'Yes Moony!"

I laughed with them and smiled, wishing that I would be able to talk to them just one more time. It wasn't fair that they were taken away from me, it wasn't fair that I had to live without my favourite people when everyone else took important people in their life for granted. Why couldn't I have what everyone else did for just five more minutes. Just a few minutes more to tell them each how much I miss them and what I would do to get them back. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.
End of memory

The memory ended and I stood up to my full height again. McGonagall wasn't surprised at seeing my tear stained face, but instead put a hand on my shoulder. I took a minute to myself and when I was back to reality, I remembered something.

I could've sworn Draco was standing in the corner of the room too. I shook my head and ignored it, there was no way that was possible anyway. I was too distracted by resurfacing feelings to care.

"Potter, are you okay? I didn't want to show you these till you were ready incase-"

"I'm fine." I said holding a hand up to politely tell her I don't need fussing over.

"I'm not showing you the rest today though. It'll be too much."

"Fine, I'll be back tommorow. Thank you Professor."

McGonagall walked out the door with me. I think she had some where to be. I was walking down her stairs when I grunted in pain. McGonagall heard me and turned instantly, but there were no clear signs as to what on earth was happening to me.

I pulled up the sleeve of my robe and looked at my forearm. McGonagall followed my eyes and we both saw a cut slowly appearing on my arm. It started to bleed and the first thought I had for a magically appearing cut was Madam Pomfrey.

McGonagall took me, we both knew this was something out of the ordinary. Not that ordinary was something that I was familiar with. By the time we got there, Madam Pomfrey was already busy with- wait for it- Draco Malfoy.

Of course it had to be related to him. Everything was always about him. I felt a foreign rage build up in my body, I don't know how or why but I was so angry that any thing remotely annoying threw me off balance. Maybe it was the memory I watched that tipped it off, but at the current moment Draco Malfoy wasn't even doing anything yet I still felt like punching a wall.