Reunion

As you and Leland were walking back to see Jim and Silver, you had a quick conversation.
"Soo.. What were you doing back there without Jim?" Leland asked, slowly walking on a thin pole.
"Well.. You don't want to know what your son did, sir.."
"Why? Did he do anything wrong?" Leland asked, guiding you through the pole.
"Way worse than wrong. You see, Sir.. He partnered up with Silver-" You were cut off by Leland. Confused, he asked "Who's Silver?"
"An old friend of ours." You replied.
You then continued, "So Jim partnered up with Silver to get the Red Ruby all for themselves so that they'll become "Rich As Kings" , When Jim is supposed to return the Red Ruby to their Academy."
Leland sighed. It was obvious that he was upset hearing what you just told him.
"I never thought he would do such a thing." Leland whispered, placing a palm on his face.
"You know.. I always dreamt of seeing Jim.. wearing a cadette suit with that smile of his." He added.
"He is quite the charmer." You replied, giving out a little giggle afterwards.
"I wish Jim knew all this time that you didn't intend to leave him and Sarah. He was so devastated when you left."
Leland's eyes saddened. He clutched his fists, holding in his tears.
"I wish I never got on that ship. I was hoping to see Jim just three weeks after that flight. Give him the biggest hug he's ever gotten. I wanted to raise him like the father he loves. But I wasn't able to. I love Jim and Sarah more than anything. The stars, the nebulas, and.. myself. I always thought that I was supposed to give up my dreams for my family.. But.. I was wrong. They are my dream. The thing i've always wanted to seize. The purpose to keep living. And it took me 5 years to realize that."
Suddenly, you were struck by his words. If there's anything you learned at that moment, is that Leland's love for Jim and Sarah is frankly the most powerful thing a man could ever wish for. That he was willing to give up his life just for his wife, and son. A father's love.
After a while of walking, the aroma of what seems to be Lintirian soup (A classic staple of the Andromeda Galaxy) filled the air of the area you and Leland stumbled upon. The crackling of the fire gave a hint.
You pulled Leland to your side to hide behind a large tree.
"Jim.."
Leland's eyes widened, seeing the sight of his son right in front if him.
"Are you ready..? Mr. Hawkins?" you asked, using a low voice.
"Ready as I'll ever be."
He stepped forward.
Silver paused, with Jim dropping the bowl he was holding. He stood up, his watering eyes locked on Leland's. He ran over to him, almost losing balance of his steps.
And after some time of reassuring that his father was really there, he let out one question.
"..Why...?"

<3
wowee. look who finally decided to update? hey y'all, been a while since i last made an update on this book. im honestly surprised that people actually liked my story, let alone the first part. i apologize for my bad grammar and incorrect spellings :p i made this book when i was a stupid obsessive fangirl lol. nothing changed tho, still a weird fangirl with an obsession over fictional characters. (currently Milo Thatch from Atlantis. i was thinking of making a milo thatch x reader story for my next project. what do u guys think :0 anyways, i'll be making new chapters shortly bc i know u guys have been waiting for this :] i'll also be rewriting some parts on 'Venture Beyond the Stars' , and 'Aqua Planet' as well <3 lmk ur recommendations

xoxo, author