Regret

It was still dark when I jolted awake. Derek’s muscled arm lay strewn over my naked chest. There were no clocks so I hadn’t the faintest idea what the time was. All I knew was if I didn’t leave now, I would be in big trouble.

Silently and stealthily, I rolled out of bed, allowing Derek’s arm to drop softly. He moved his sleeping head over a little but seemed otherwise undisturbed. I stood there for a few seconds longer than necessary, just drinking in gorgeous appearance. The moonlight danced along his face. He looked so peaceful that I wished whatever he was dreaming of would come true.

I felt embarrassed as I quickly threw on my clothes, even if Derek wasn’t awake to witness it. I had no idea what had gotten into me however long ago it had taken place. I had always imagined that my first time would be magical and amazing with someone I loved. All I felt was a pain. Derek taking my virginity hadn’t been magical, it had hurt and I was probably bleeding into my underwear.

Hurriedly, I tossed on the shirt Derek had taken out for me earlier and ran for the door. As quietly as I could, I stepped down the stairs and made a run for it. I wasn’t sure how to get home from anywhere but the school so I headed back there.

* * *

I knew something was wrong the second I arrived at the scene. It was eerily quiet for a few moments. That was until I heard the sirens.

In the distance, flashing red and blue lights quickly made their way toward me. All I could think about was Allison and if she was okay or not as I sprinted towards the door. It was still propped open from when I had been there hours previously.

“Allison!” I screamed, the halls blurred as I ran through them, “Allison, where are you?”

My cries echoed noisily around the school walls but I received no feedback. I arrived at the stairs and took them three at a time, wincing. Maybe such vigorous activities weren’t recommended after sex.

“Allison!” I begged, searching the English halls, peaking into each door for a second and taking off.

I heard a commotion downstairs and a small familiar voice from the adjacent hall.

“Here! We’re locked in the school! Help us!” It was Lydia. I swiftly followed the echo but soon realized they weren’t calling for me. The large window by the stairs was blinking with strobe lights of reds and blues: the police were here.

I heard muffled voices calling out orders below. Lydia and the others were still crying to be rescued. I followed them and was led to a door in the science hall. Reaching out a shaky hand, I jimmied the handle, but to no avail. Examining the handle, I noticed there was something stuck in the key hole.

“It’s Cassie!” Stiles’ voice practically screamed. Half a second passed and four familiar faces were fighting to see through the small rectangular window.

“Cassie!” Allison shrieked with delight, “How did you find us?”

“What the hell happened, you guys?” I cried with unusual bluntness. Tonight had been one crazy, confusing, hell of a night. I had the right to ask that question since Derek kept ignoring it. Allison would tell me. She would never keep secrets from me (even if I was keeping them from her).

None of them seemed to be able to answer my question. Apparently this kind of stuff wasn’t the norm in Beacon Hills.

There was the squeaking of boots behind me and flashlights bounced off the ceiling and walls.

“Over here!” I called and about a dozen men seemed to appear out of nowhere. They were all outfitted in black like some covert ops troop. I felt extremely anxious being surrounded by so many men with big lethal guns.