Spider-man vs Spider-man pt 4

Dedicated to Fishgirl80 . Thanks for reading, voting and commenting, little fish!

"What the hell happened here?!" Peter yelled out as he landed on the roof, releasing Jake.

"You again?!" Steve cried before knocking a soldier down with his shield, making him black out completely.

"Guys, it's okay, I swear, I'll explain it all-""Not right now, Jake!" Tony interrupted, grabbing a soldier with his metal hand.

"Jake, got any useful spell for this?" Peter asked quietly, knowing Jake needed to tell the rest on his terms. He quickly shot a web and pulled a guy off the roof in one, swift motion.

"Peter, I told you, I'm not a hero! I can't do anything!" Jake cried, watching in horror as the fight went on around him.

"Jake, you might not think so, but right now, I need you to be a hero!" Peter encouraged, still fighting; "So please, do something. Heroes together, that was the promise!"

"P-Peter! I'm scared!" Jake finally admitted, sinking to his knees. Peter sighed, but none the less made his way over there through the mess of fighting.

"Jake," he said, sitting down on his knees; "I'm sorry, but you need to pull yourself together. This is your chance. Heroes together!" he repeated.

"Peter, I'm not a hero," Jake argued.

"Not if you're just gonna sit there like that!" Peter agreed, having no idea how much he'd come to regret that later.

That's all the time he had before he was forced to fight.

The Avengers didn't trust him, they didn't even know him, but they knew that this kid, this out of nowhere hero, was helping them fight a fight they otherwise would have lost.

So they accepted it, and thought alongside them, protecting the civilian; 'Spider-man'.

Until they were done, and they finally turned to Jake, who kept backing away, crying.

"Jake, what's going on?" Steve demanded.

"Jake, it's okay," Peter assured him.

"And who the hell are you? Where did you find Jake's web shooters?" Tony turned to Peter.

"Language," Cap noted.

"MY web shooters," Peter corrected; "Listen, it's a long story, but the important bits are, I'm Spider-man, this is Jake, he's a civilian, and he's on your side, just like me."

"None of this makes any sense," Natasha commented.

"It doesn't need to for you, you just need to accept it. You lost your memory of me, got it replaced with memories of Jake, but its no ones fault and the only thing we can do from here is moving on," Peter continued quickly.