Love Of My Life

Paul was beyond angry. His first plan had backfired. After going back to the house and going to sleep, the man had woken up ready to take action. His first step? Talk to John before the others woke up.

He planned on getting John all worked up while talking to him as if he were just a good friend trying to keep him happy. He would tell the bassist that it was in his best interest to leave Freddie before Freddie inevitably left him. Paul was sure it would have worked too if it weren't for the fact that John wasn't in his room.

Currently, Paul was stomping up the stairs towards the other rooms, not quite sure what his next plan was. It didn't matter. He was going to confirm his thoughts one way or another. Sure that Freddie was going to be deeply asleep after his oddly early session, Paul wasn't worried about opening the door to the singer's room. He turned the knob as quietly as possible and pushed it open, revealing a scene that only made his blood boil more.

Freddie was wrapped so securely around John that Paul wondered how the bassist was even breathing, their bodies molding together in such a way that there was only one lump under the blankets.

'I should be the one he holds like that,' Paul thought to himself. A pleasant image entered his mind of Freddie squeezing John to death by accident. The singer would be devastated, and walk right into Paul's arms. With that thought in mind, his feet moved on their own, pushing him to step into the room in hopes of seeing the mental scene play out before his very eyes.

The floorboard squeaked under his shoe, and Paul froze. His wide eyes flashed over to the bed to see if he had been caught. Unfortunately, he saw something that made his stomach turn. John started to squirm in his sleep when he heard the noise, a small sound slipping from between his lips that prompted Freddie's eyes to snap open. Freddie didn't notice Paul right away, too focused on the thin body in his grasp.

"Hush, darling," Freddie groggily told the still sleeping John as he pulled the younger man closer. He hoped it wasn't a nightmare. He was still exhausted from his first terrible attempt at sleep, and he didn't think his mind was awake enough to completely comfort John. Luckily for the singer, John relaxed almost immediately. Freddie sighed and tucked himself against John once more.

Paul thought he was going to get off scot free when a pair of sleepy brown eyes met his. Freddie was sitting up in his bed in less than a second, all traces of fatigue gone from his body.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Freddie asked scathingly.

"I-I came to see if you were awake yet," Paul lied somewhat smoothly. His voice trembled in the beginning because of the sharp stab of fear he felt. Never before had he seen Freddie look so enraged. It was terrifying coming from the usually upbeat singer.

Just as in the studio, they were interrupted by John before either could say anything else. When Freddie sat up, he had released the bassist, pulling John out of his sleep. John blinked tiredly up at Freddie for a moment before turning his head to see what the singer was looking at. When the younger man saw Paul there, so oddly close to the bed, he sat up as well, his nerves fluttering in an unpleasant way. After earlier that morning, John couldn't say he ever wanted Paul that close to him again. "What's going on?"

Freddie looked like he was about to snap and tackle the moustached creep. He wished he could, but John was more important. "He was just leaving, my dear. You need your rest. Go back to sleep."

John frowned at the tone. He didn't want to be kept out of the loop, and he was feeling much better after a few hours of fantastic sleep. Feeling the small rush of confidence that Freddie's presence always gave him, he shook his head and looked between the two. "What's going on?"