2 //Luke//

I softly pluck a string on my guitar as I lay on the couch of my band’s LA apartment. Ever since we went on tour with One Direction, suddenly we’ve had a lot more money, so we could afford to buy a place in America. My roommate and bassist of the band, Calum Hood, comes over and practically crushes my legs by sitting on them.

  “Hey! You’re hurting me!” I whine, and then realize how immature I sound.

  “Sorry Luke.” Calum says, grinning. “It’s not my fault your legs are as long as the Nile River.” I groan. Our fans have this weird obsession with my legs, and for some reason Calum likes to pick on me about it. Ashton, our drummer, walks in and looks at us.

  “I see that ‘Cake’ is in fact, real.” He says, smirking. Our fans also like to ship all of the band members together, which can get weird- trust me; I’ve accidentally read some of the Fan Fictions. I go back to strumming my guitar, completely ignoring my friends. Michael, the bands second guitarist, walks into the room, eating a slice of pizza.

  “Amsh ydh rehsy fom tmshrwhs shm?” He says, and I can’t understand anything he said because he still has a mouth full of food. He slowly swallows, and then says “Sorry. I meant to say are you ready for tomorrows show?” I nod, even though inside I’m nervous. Tomorrow we are playing a gig, but it’s going to be different because this is the first time we aren’t the opening band. There’s actually a small band that’s going to be opening for us. Ashton starts tickling Calum suddenly, and they fall of my legs onto the ground, rolling around. I look at Michael.

  “You know, the fans may be right about Cashton.” I say, and Michael laughs, taking Calum’s seat on my legs. “Michael”, I groan, drawing out the ‘L’ in his name. He looks at me for a second, and then out of nowhere starts tickling my feet.  I shriek, and put down my guitar as gently as I can with him tickling me. I quickly launch myself at him, poking his sides.

/ / /

  I look out the window to see Michael splashing around in the pool below. He sees me after he miserably fails at his fifth attempt to do a handstand, and sticks his tongue out at me, squinting.

  “Why don’t you come swim Lukey?” He yells, and I’m sure it was loud enough that our parents back in Australia could hear him. I shake my head, laughing, and he starts splashing the open window.

  “Okay, okay, I’m coming, hold on!” I yell, finally giving in to his antics. I quickly change into a pair of swim trunks, knocking on Ashton and Calum’s doors and yelling for them to come swim. Soon everyone’s in the pool, splashing around, and Ashton decides to make a keek. After he’s finished recording, he jumps in the pool right on top of Michael. I laugh, and Calum starts splashing me. Just another day in the 5SOS household.