Christmas Eve Party (Stony) (edited)

yes i could've waited to post this in december, but too bad

Peter was so excited. He didn't normally get invited to parties, being 'Penis Parker' and all, so when Mr. Stark said that he and one friend could come to the party, Peter immediately texted Ned.

He asked MJ first, but she refused due to needing to finish her book.

"Come on, we're late enough as it is." Peter says, pushing the close doors button in the elevator.

"You know, I don't think that's going to help." Ned says. Peter frowns and presses the button one more time. The doors close and Peter slumps against the wall.

"What's wrong?" Ned asks.

"It's my first party as an official Avengers. I want to make a good first impression."

"You will. You're Spiderman!" Ned says. Peter grins.

"Thanks, Ned."

The elevator doors open to a crowded party. Mariah Carey plays over the speakers and string lights cover almost every surface.

"Woah."

"Peter, you made it." Tony walks over to the two of them. "And Ned. There are non-alcoholic drinks on the table by the food."

"Tony!" Someone calls.

"You two have fun. And please try not to get into trouble." Tony says before walking off.

"Do you think they have apple cider?" Ned asks. Peter sighs and follows Ned to the refreshments table, looking around for any familiar faces.

He spots Steve in a corner talking with Bucky and almost moves to go say hello when Steve drops his head in his hands and at that point it seems like it's way too personal.

*

Steve watches as Tony moves through the crowd, greeting people and flashing his trademark 'playboy smirk'. Light pink dusts Steve's cheeks and he swirls his drink.

"Aw, you jealous?" Buck teases, leaning next to Steve.

Steve chokes on his drink and sets it on a table nearby. "Wha- no, I'm not!"

"Sure." Bucky says. "Because that was a completely normal reaction to what I just said."

"I'm not jealous of Tony!" Steve defends.

"I never said Tony." Buck smiles. "It's fine to like him, you know. It isn't the 40s anymore."

Steve drops his head in his hands. "But what if it's one-sided. What if I tell him and he thinks I'm an idiot? Oh my god, I feel like an idiot."

"You're not an idiot for having a crush." Bucky says. "I mean you're handling it differently than I handled any of mine-"

"We get it, you're good under pressure."

"I am pretty great. For example, when I asked Sam out-"

"I don't think that's relevant in this situation." Steve says.

"Talk to him, Stevie." Bucky says. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"He could reject me and I would be mortally embarrassed and could never show my face in this country ever again."

*

Tony couldn't keep his eyes off Steve. He was constantly talking to guests, trying to distract himself, and yet, almost like a magnet, he was drawn back to Steve.

"You alright, Tony?" Bruce asks. "You look a bit distracted?"

Tony shakes his head. "I'm fine. I'm just-"

"Thinking about Steve?"

"How could you tell?" Tony responds dryly. He told Bruce he was bisexual day one of working together. He knew that some people wouldn't want to work with him because of his sexuality and he wanted to minimize damage.

Two weeks into Bruce and Tony working in Avengers Tower together, Bruce correctly guessed that Tony liked Steve.

(It was embarrassing.)

Bruce takes every opportunity to tease Tony, as well as attempting to force him to just talk to Steve.

"You know, I've heard that communicating your feelings is a healthy way to work through them."

"Yes, Brucie, I know you want me to talk to Steve, but have you considered that I hate talking about feelings?"

"I have. Just go over, he looks lonely." Bruce says. Tony sighs and crosses the floor.

"Hey, Cap. How do you like the party?" Tony asks.

"It's good."

Tony looks around, trying to avoid making eye contact and notices something.

"We're standing under mistletoe." Tony says. He raises an eyebrow at Steve. "I'm pretty sure you're supposed to kiss me now."

Steve laughs softly before pulling Tony in for a kiss.

"Woo! Yeah, get it, Steve!" Bucky calls. Steve breaks the kiss and flips Bucky off. "Woah, there are children present!" Bucky says pointing to Ned and Peter who are loitering by the refreshment table. Peter waves awkwardly, shrinking behind Ned.

"Okay, okay, it was one kiss guys, get over yourselves." Tony says, addressing the whole crowd. He grabs Steve's hand and pulls him onto a balcony in the chilly New York air.

"Sorry the crowd was a lot." Tony says. "About the kiss- Steve, I really like you and-"

Steve kisses Tony again, cutting him off. "I really like you too."

hope you like it!!

come yell at me on my tumblr @angelwiththeblue-box its a fun time

xoxo val