Chapter IV

The light of day was not seen by the lovely boys, the dark tunnels of the underground consume them. Liam and Harry were already up, they preferred to get up and get ahead of their enemy. However, it wasn't that easy, Niall's condition wasn't improving and the boys needed to eat something. They couldn't afford to be weak, it would give the stalkers an advantage. 

Niall coughed violently, the dog was snuggled close to him. He was kept warm by his friendly companion and wasn't going to complain. Harry looked over at the lad and knew his condition was getting worse. Even with his small knowledge of medicine, he knew a strong medication was needed. An antibiotic was the only thing that could assist the sickened lad. 

The curly haired lad observed Niall and tried to figure out what's going on inside his body. The lad's skin was pale and nowhere near the normal pigment of his skin. He kneeled down by the blond lad and could immediately tell his body was weak, from the way his chest was rising. "Ni, I'm going to help you get better, I promise."

Harry ran his fingers through Niall's hair, stroking it softly. He remained asleep and didn't move an inch, knowing his body needed all the energy it could get. Liam walked over to them and took the weakened lad into his lap, sharing his warmth. "He's going to need something to eat, please go make him soup."

Zayn's arm was tightly wrapped around Louis' fragile figure. The couple wasn't going to get up anytime soon and it was understandable, the group needed their sleep. "Any idea what time it is?" Liam asked, stroking Niall's cheek lightly with his fingers. Harry started to boil the water over a makeshift heater. The group was lucky, the subway station still had power. However, the lighting system seemed to be running on a backup generator. 

"I don't know, I think it's four in the morning. I used to have a watch until it broke or I lost it .... I can't remember." Harry looked through their supplies and tried to cook for Niall, but they didn't have much. The group mainly ate canned foods because they didn't expire quickly and they could easily be carried by anyone. 

"Do you know what Niall has?" Liam needed to care for his group, but he knew nothing of medicine. Harry turned around and sat down on the ground. "To be honest, I don't know much about it either. I'm trying to think about what happened to my family, but it's not the same as Niall. It has something to do with his lungs, I know that much."

Liam nodded and Niall opened his eyes, smiling at that lad. He loved being held by someone, it reminded him that someone cared about him. "Hey, lovely." The blond lad could feel Liam's fingers running throught his hair, massaging his scalp. "Hey, Li. I-" A finger was pressed against his lips, stopping him from talking. 

The group needed Niall to conserve his energy, they couldn't stay here forever. Harry kneeled down by Niall and started to feed him the soup. "I know it's not much, but I would rather have something in your stomach then nothing." After a while, he pushed the soup away, not being able to eat anymore. "I'm not hungry and the sight of food isn't going over well."

They remained silent until Liam wanted to know more about the curly haired lad. "Harry, how did you know about the water? I mean it's in stalker territory and they're ruthless killers. I've never run into stalkers and I hope to never see them again." Liam wasn't brave enough to say it, but the stalkers scared him, which rarely happens. 

"I'm don't think so, I've entered their territory many times. It could be because it was only Shadow and I, we never have any trouble. The stalkers usually left us alone and we only took what we needed, I never wasted." Liam continued to stroke Niall's hair, the soothing movement eventually put him to sleep. 

"You could be right, a group moving around is more of a risk." Liam said, not trusting Harry's word. He believed the curly haired lad was hiding the truth from him. They locked eyes for a moment and Liam couldn't remove his gaze from those emerald eyes. They leaned into each other to share a kiss, but Harry pulled away.