“Don’t be scared Princess,” Jesse snarled.

                Tyler took a step closer towards Jesse, but he had left on hand planted on mine. “If you ever touch her again...”

                Jesse let out a laugh. “What are you going to do to me pretty boy?”

                “I’m warning you Jesse,” Tyler firmly said.

                Another laugh “You’re amusing. Really you are...I would have never thought an angel such as yourself could be so serious.”

                “An-A...” I stuttered,

                “Don’t be so modest pretty, we aren’t stupid. We know exactly what he is.”

                “We?” Tyler questioned.

                “Oops did I let that slip out?” Jesse snickered.

                “Who’s ‘we’?” Tyler pushed.

                “Sorry my lips are sealed.”

                “Jesse,” I whispered.

                He rolled his eyes, the way a boy would when they didn’t care. My gut twisted, Jesse would never act that way. Then as if the simple talking was getting too boring, Jesse began to scream. It was a deafening scream, an ear bleeding howl that sent my hands flying towards my head. The scream was soon followed by a stomach hurling crack. I peeked through the slits of my shut eyes, Jesse’s body was suddenly bent backwards, his eyes wide open staring at me, and his back arched in a way that a human shouldn’t be arched in. Tyler quickly threw his chest against my head, trying to hide the horrific scene.

                The screaming continued though. The cracking also continued. I shook my head trying to drown out the noises with the sounds of moving air. But nothing worked.

                “Shh...” Tyler whispered. “Ignore it.”     

                I felt his arms tighten around me, his chin on my shoulder. “What’s happening to him?” I whimpered.

                He didn’t say anything; instead his hand rubbed my back trying to comfort me. I blessed him for trying yet the sounds behind the Angel was continuing.

                “L-Lucia...” Jesse hissed. Except it wasn’t his voice that escaped, it was a menacing howl, a cry of a creature. “L-Lucia!”

                “Ignore it, ignore it!” Tyler whispered.

                So I did. I tried with all my will not to cuss at the foreign voice.

                “Hiding behind an Angel, white and perfect as snow; the daughter of the devil has nowhere else to go.”

                Tears were beginning to stream down my face as the stranger continued to sing. The voice blended together against the steam of the room. Soon the space was filled with a million voices, high ones and low ones; sopranos and altos. I could even hear the ringing of children’s singsong voices.

                “Mama died and daddy isn’t here. No place to cry in a world filled with fear.”

                Make it stop. Make it stop.

                “Lucia don’t scream, don’t say a word. No one wants to love a devil girl.”

                Make it stop! Make it stop!!

                “Hiding behind an Angel, with eyes so blue; Lucia you can’t hide there, he doesn’t care for you.”

                “Tyler...” I whimpered. “Make it stop.”

                Tyler began to rock back and forth. His steady breathing was making his chest expand against me. I hid my face in the crock of his arm; my forehead against his stern shoulder.

                “Lucia can’t hide in the arms of a god. You belong in hell, you deserve to rot!”

                My tears were no longer falling pearls, now they were streaming with such anger and rush. I wasn’t sure if I was crying because of the child-like chant. There was no use crying for such juvenile words. But the fear of knowing where these words were coming from, that tickled my fright.

                “Hiding behind an Angel, white and perfect as snow; the daughter of the devil has nowhere else to go! Hiding behind an Angel, with eyes so blue! Your Jesse’s gone Lucia, he doesn’t care for you!! Doesn’t care for you! Doesn’t care for you! Doesn’t care for you...”

                “Stop,” I quietly whimpered. “Stop, stop.” Soon my pleas became louder.

                “Shh..” Tyler hushed.

                “Stop, stop!”

                Jesse continued to sing, his voice filled with a gay sound. Like a child he took a gingerly step towards Tyler and me, his lips never quivering as he repeated the last four words of his rhyme. “He doesn’t care for you...”

                With half courage and half fear, I inched my face upwards my eyes peeking through the protective arm of the Angel. My gaze caught Jesse’s. His rhyme stopped and his lips curled into a seductive smile. “If you hadn’t push me away earlier,” he whispered. “I would have done awful things to you.”