14. All snakes have a soft underbelly, he's yours

Start from the beginning

"Alice", dad greeted her. "Is it true what they say about men who have just been released from prison?", she asked. "What do they say?".

"They're incredible sexually frustrated", Alice smirked making the three of us groan loudly.

We got in the car again and drove to Pop's, where we all ordered drinks while enjoying the time together.

"The Black Hood is targeting sinners, so I'd watch my back if I were you, FP. Especially once you rejoin that gang of hoodlums", Alice snapped.

"Serpents aren't hoodlums", I insisted. "I'm not going back to the Serpents", dad announced making Jug and I look at him like he was a crazy man, "I thought a lot about this while I was in Shankshaw, and I'm done with the Serpent life. It's gonna be one last ride for us three, but it's too much of a slippery slope for me".

"The Serpents need you dad", Jughead said. "Jughead and Lou need you Mister Jones", Betty said.

"And what, pray tell, will you be doing with all of your extra time, FP?", Alice asked.

"Working, Warden Cooper. I saw a help wanted sign in the window, thought I'd talk to Pop about picking up some shifts", dad explained.

"Let's hope your plans don't come crashing down once you start drinking again", Alice snapped. "Actually, I'm A.A. Started in jail and I don't plan on stopping", dad smiled.

I was proud he actually tried to change but about the Serpent part, I would be okay to say I'm not happy at all about it.

*

After Pop's dad took Jug and I for a drive down Sweetwater River further down the road. We sped through the empty streets, feeling free for just a second. We all could forget about the killer in town or the Serpent drama and what else.

"Things got ugly when you were away. I asked myself every day what you would do if you were here", I told dad. The three of us had stopped at a little spot in front of the River.

"Has Penny bothered you two? I figured she's the one who greased my wheels", dad asked. "We did a job for her", Jug explained.

"What kind of job?", "It was a one-time thing. I figured it best not to ask too many questions. We're squared away for good", Jug smiled.

"You know, when I was sixteen, my old man kicked me out and told me to go to hell. Instead, I joined the Serpents, then the army and then back again. I don't want that life for either of you. I want you two to go to college, get out of this godforsaken town", dad told us.

"We ran the gauntlet. We fought with the Serpents and for them. I know Juggie thinks so too but we have to stay. I wanna stay but we need your blessing", I begged.

"Just promise me you'll keep writing and you better start your drawing again young lady"; dad chuckled.

"I will", I smiled. "I do, every day and Lou joins me and sits with me while I write", Jughead explained to dad.

"So Lou, when am I gonna meet that boy from the party?", dad asked. "Oh, never. Reggie and I broke up decades ago", I laughed. "Yeah, now she's running around with Sweet Pea", Jughead insisted.

"I'm not we're just friends", I scoffed. "Well, of course, you are", dad chuckled.

*

"Oh I will so end you", I chuckled as I landed my seventh pool ball. "You wish princess", Sweet Pea chuckled.

He missed his ball and with that, I won, "Take that bitch", I cheered. He picked me up and hung me over his shoulder.

"Put me down", I yelled only to receive an ass slap. "Toni, take care of her, give this girl some ginger ale, on my costs", he chuckled and placed me on one of the bar stools.