Puppy Love

Brooklyn's POV

"Hey, how about we go cheek out the dog fair again," Sky said as we walked hand in hand at the park.

I shrugged. "If I see those puppies I'll just want to get one. But you're right, with the show opening soon we won't be able to take care one," I replied quietly.

"Actually, I've been thinking and after doing some research, maybe having a dog around won't be-" before Sky could finish I jumped up, hugged him tightly and planted a kiss smack on the lips.

"Have I ever told you, you're the best boyfriend ever?" I asked with a huge smile.

"No," Sky replied while wrapping his arms around my waist. "The look on your face says it all." I smiled before hugging him again.

"Lets got find our new child," I said happily before quickly grabbing his hand and dragged Sky by the hand and to the dog adoption fair at the park.

We go there in record time. Well I got there in record time. Sky was being so slow that he said for me to go a head and he'll catch up. Needless to say I went a head since I love dogs and I couldn't wait to take one home.

There were so many puppies! I'm pretty sure I was in heaven right now. There were different sized puppies. Black ones, and brown, and gold, and grey, and just a I wanted to take them all. They were all so fluffy, or  slick and smooth. I wasn't sure which was the one for me, and Sky. Speaking of Sky he really should be here before I take more than one home.

But there was one dog I have my heart set on. That cute mini dapple Dachshund. I went to where I first saw that little cutie. But it turned out she was already taken to a good home. While I was a little sad I couldn't be too disappointed. I mean there are so many other cute puppies who need good homes. So I couldn't be sad. How could I with so many puppies!

For the next few minutes I looked at all the puppies, while they were super cute, none of them felt like the right one. There was so much going on I had to step aside for a few minutes to catch my breath. I pushed my back to a tree and took a few deep breaths. I just....This was too much, my anxiety was starting up.

Just then I felt two little paws go up my leg. I kneeled down to get a closer look and sure enough it was the little black, brown, and grey dachshund with the black button eyes. "Hey there cutie," I said as I picked the sweet puppy up. She licked my cheek and I giggled. "Where's your family? What's your name little?"

I looked at the collar to see the little pup's name. The round lavender tag that said "Roxie". The more I looked at the dog the more I realized she really did look like a Roxie. I then looked at the little light blue bone tag and saw the owners name which read, :Sky and Brooklyn Flaherty". I re-read it a few times and shook it off. Must be a coincidence. I saw the phone numbers and they looked familiar. Either that or I'm going crazy.

Anyways I looked at the final tag for any information. Like an address, or something. The final tag was a little light pink heart shaped tag that read, "Will you marry my daddy?"

Wait, what?

I turned the tag around and it said, "Turn around".

I felt my heart beating out of my chest as I slowly turned around and to my surprise there was Sky stand in front of me with a look in his eyes I've never seen before.

"Sky," I breathed quietly.

"March 24th, 2015. The exact moment I first laid eyes on you. April 10th 2015 at Starbucks when I bumped into you and got your coffee all over my shirt. May 10th 2015, when I first told you my feelings for you, the day of our first kiss, and the day I made the best decision of my life. Asking you to be my girlfriend. And I'm about to make another one. Brooklyn, I was only twenty when I first met you. And at the time I was starting to give up on finding my one true love. Until you showed up and turned my whole world upside down. You're get more and more gorgeous everyday, I love the way your smile lights up your one of a kind blue eyes and those freckles that just pull everything together. I love your cute laugh, and I want to be there with you through your best and worst days. I want to be the one you celebrate your accomplishments with and the shoulder to cry on when you're not in the mood for anything. I want to be the first person you see when you wake up and the last you we before bed. I want to be there at your side for everything. I love you, with all my heart Brooklyn. And I don't care that you're my friend's sister because I love you. You're funny, and sweet, and amazingly talented and I can't even put into words how much I love you. We've had our ups, we've had our downs, and no matter what happened, it was always us in the end. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, with that being said, I have to ask."

Time seemed to slow down as Sky got down on one knee and pulled out a a little black velvet box. He popped it open and inside was a sliver right with the most beautiful diamond I've ever seen.

"Will you marry me Brooklyn Masson?"  Roxie barked and Sky laughed before saying, "And becoming this little girl's mommy?"

I stood there while talking deep breaths. That did not just happen. Right? There's no way Sky just asked me to....This was a dream. This is just another crazy dream and I'm going to wake up any second now.

"I don't know what to say," I whispered as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"Well, I'm hopping you'll say yes otherwise I'll feel like the biggest idiot alive."

"Yes," I breathed. "Yes!" I replied a little louder. "Yes, a million times yes! I Will marry you Sky Flaherty." The biggest smile tuned up on Sky's face as he got up and planted a soft, sweet, slow, tender and the most romantic kiss I've ever gotten.

I would've forgotten that this was happening in public if y weren't for the people clapping after what just happened. I pulled back while giggling like a little girl. Roxie licked my cheek which only made me giggle more.

"Looks like you're getting a mudda Roxie," Sky said. I couldn't help but laugh at his use of the newsie accent. Anyways Roxie leaned forward and started licking Sky's face with her little pick tongue.

I laughed as I watch this go down before saying, "You are aware that I'm not kissing you until after you clean up, right?"

"Yes dear," Sky replied with a smile. He then took my hand and slipped the ring on before kissing it. "I love you."

"I love you too," I replied with a huge smile.