Chapter 6

Kara's POV
I heard my cousins voice. I clenched my fists and looked down feeling my eyes turn red with anger.

Conners POV
We heard the alarms and ran in. The others had worn there suits under there actual clothes so they changed quickly. Kara was already there. I was still surprised by her outburst and what she said. We got to the computer and got a transmission from Superman.
"You guys have a new mission and a it's more difficult. It's more of our level stuff but I think you guys are ready. Plus you now have both my cousins on your team so you all should be golden!" Superman said. He mentions both of us. I smiled and rolled my eyes. I then looked at Kara. Her fists were clenched and she was looking down. I saw a red glow come from near her eyes. I could tell almost immediately that she was angry and her heat vision was activated. I grabbed her hand.
"Calm down.." i whispered. She unclenches her fists and looked up. Her eyes were her normal blue. She ignored me and watched the screen crossing her arms across her chest.
Kara's POV
I looked up. Clark was talking.
"-there isa strange radiation coming from this cite. Investigate it. But be careful...Batman said to send you guys but have us as backup. We were supposed to go but I said we should let you guys have a chance and-"
"Yea we get it cuz!" I interrupted him. He looked at me. I saw a faint hurt over his eyes. I just glared at him.
"Are you still mad..?" He asked. The others all looked at me.
"Mad?" Wally asked. I ignored them.
"Yes! There is nothing you could ever do to make up for this and everything else!" I blurted out. My eyes went wide and I covered my mouth with my hand.
"...everything else...?" Clark asked.
"KENT STAY ON TASK!" I heard Wayne yell.
"Huh..oh yea...um...go." He aid clicking off the screen.
"I am not explaining and you all can't make me." I said simply. They all nodded and we walked towards a ship.
"There may not be enough seats..." AquaLad said.
"It's fine..I'll fly!" I said lifting my self off the ground.
"Okay then!" Robin said.
They all got in and the jet started. They flew out first and then I flew behind them. I caught up to where I was right next to window.
"Can you here us?" Artemiz asked.
"Yup the coms are working." I said.
We then got to the location. I saw a strange green gas. The jet flew down and landed. I followed behind. I landed just as the others got out of the jet. We asked into the green gas and I felt a slight headache. It was so little though. I shook it aside.
"You okay?" Conner whispered
"Just a headache. But it's small. So no biggie!" I replied
"Ha! I didn't except a bunch of noob hero's!" A voice said. A man wearing a black cape came out. He had gun in one hand and nothing in the other. He gazed at us then he rested on me.
"I wanted Superman....I didn't expect him to to send you here?" He looked at me.
"Well you thought wrong!" I said back. "Now what's going on?!"
"Ha! Supergirl you think I will just answer that?" The man asked me. I super sped up to him and grabbed him by his collet and flew up.
"Supergirl?! Place him down." Robin said. I rolled my eyes.
"You have till the count of five!" I said.
"Hmm you will work much better than him...you have so many emotions sitting inside you. The strongest being one of a year ago." He said. I dropped him down in shock backing away.
"W-What?" I asked. The man pointed to a container that was releasing the gas. There was another next to it. I read it say kryptonite. He walked over and opened it loading pieces of the one thing that can kill me into the gun.
"Oh no...." I suddenly felt my head hurt again and this time I fell to my knees.
"Are you okay?" Artemiz said.
"It's kryptonite...it's in the gas...and the gun..." I said. There eyes all went wide.
"You won't hurt my cousin!" Conner yelled stepping in front of me. He wasn't affected. Advantage of being half human I guess.
"If you value your life you would be smart to surrender!" AquaLad said.
"Haha! Why would I stop when there's so much fun I could do?" He started firing and the kryptonite blast came in beams. Soon other soldiers came into fighting. The young justice was fighting two things just to protect me. I ignored my weakness and stood up flying. There was enough kryptonite in the air to make me weak but not enough to suppress my powers.
"How dare you?!" I yelled at him. I flew towards him avoiding the kryptonite beams. I punched him and sent him flying back. But he stood up just fine.
"That shouldn't be possible right?" I heard Ms Martian ask me. I nodded my eyes growing wide.
"I hate saying this but we need to call to the league." Robin said.
"NO!" I yelled. I saw Artemiz get overwhelmed by soldiers and I also saw the man aiming for her with the gun. He fired and I screamed her name. I flew in front of her letting the kryptonite hit me instead.....
I heard everyone scream my name but i let the beam send me flying back...