Gifted Ones

We quickly made our way to the back yard and they formed a wide circle around me. "Wait mom are you sure you don't want to hunt first?" Em asked. I thought over it for a split second and then shook my head,"I feel fine, just a wee bit excited." He nodded accepting my answer. "OK Iz we already know you have a mental shield let's see if it was able to evolve into a physical shield....Emmett I want you to attack me head on, don't hold back, and Iz I want you to concentrate on trying to protect me," Carlisle explained. I saw Emmett's mouth curl into a devious smile, uh oh he may have a little bit to much fun with this.

They both went to stand in the middle of the back yard and faced each other. "OK I want a fair fight, no hitting below the belt, no pulling hair, and no biting Emmett," Jasper joked. Before any one knew it Emmett charged at Carlisle and started wailing on him, while he just sat there and let him do it.

Oh shit I think this is the part where I'm supposed to be concentrating. I thought to myself. I quickly started concentrating on expanding my shield but it wasn't working and Emmett was starting to make this personal.

"This is for burning my Call of Duty game...and this is for not getting me that kitty I wanted last Christmas, I was gonna dye him red and name him Clifford!" Everyone just stopped and looked at him, I burst out laughing and the unexpected happened. Emmett went flying off Carlisle and was thrown into a tree by an invisible force field. Oops I thought,"Sorry I didn't mean for that to happen!" I shouted. He flashed back over to Carlisle and helped him up while laughing....

"So I guess I have a physical shield to," I said later that night. "Yep, and a powerful one that's triggered by laughter, isn't that sweet," Jasper joked. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him as I sat on the couch next to Carlisle. Alice and Rosalie came into the room and sat on either side of Emmett and stared at him until he seemed to notice.

"What?" He asked continuing to play his game. "We wanna talk to you bout what you said earlier about the cat and naming him Clifford," Alice said. "Yeh?" He said raising his brow. "Emmett honey you do know Clifford is a dog, right?" Rose asked hesitantly. "Yeh," he said in a 'duh' tone. They just looked at him and shook their heads, Emmett was a special one i'll tell you that.