A Soldier's Tale

Recently.....
"I waited a couple of seconds, testing the waters, and then opened my eyes.........."

The room was full of a kaleidoscope of light, it shimmered all over the room. It was mesmerizing, but not as mesmerizing as the face that smiled down at me.It was the face of my angel, my mate.....my Carlisle. I slowly reached my hand up and ran my fingers over his cheek, his eyes fluttered closed and he leaned into my hand. I smiled and giggled a little when he started purring. I heard some giggles from the other side of me and turned my head and saw my kids standing there smiling at us. "My babies, come," I said. They each flashed over and I sat up against the headboard then patted the bed. They all took a seat on the bed. Rose and Carlisle took a seat on either side of me. She laid her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes, I ran my fingers through her hair then kissed her head. I then remembered something,"Edward can you read my mind now?" He concentrated for awhile then spoke,"No, it seems whatever was blocking your mind has gotten stronger with your change, it pushed me out sooner than expected," he explained. I nodded then turned to Jazz,"Can you still feel my emotions?" I asked. "Yes, I can but they're....different, different than what I expected I mean," he said looking at me confused. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, as you know from my time in the vampire wars I have experience with training newborns," I nodded,"well, when a newborn first wakes up from the change their emotions are all over the place, most newborn emotions are confusion, anxiety, thirst,...and fear as soon as they see me. That's about the time their fight or flight senses kick in, but with you its just....different, your emotions are calm, they only consist of happiness, content, and love, there's no sign of thirst, anxiety, or fear as you look at me and see my scars, its calming," he said with a small smile and chuckle. I leaned over and gave him a hug then held his face in my hands,"I could never be afraid of you Jazz its physically and mentally impossible, you wanna know what I see when I look into your eyes right now......I see a bright fearless man who wants nothing more but to be accepted for his past, I know your past is not one of your happiest times, but as I see it its what made you the honorable man I see sitting here today, if you had never went through what you been through there's no telling where you would be right now, your life would have gone in a totally different direction and you wouldn't be with us now, so don't you ever regret your past because that regret might ruin your future." He smiled then nodded his head,"Thanks Mama Iz." I nodded then let go of his face. "Ok guys I don't know about you but I think I'm ready to see what my powers will be."

AUTHORS NOTE:
DM me or comment what you think Bellas power(s) should be....sorry this chapter is short but I have lots to do in little time.

-Vanni Out