8

The following Monday

At lunchtime, Clay and Hannah sat together, discussing the song they were working on. They didn't see each other on Sundays, as they were strict family only days for the two families, so Hannah had edited and added onto the song over that day. They were still sticking to the same tune for the moment.

Hannah looked up for a moment, and she noticed that Jessica and Alex were sitting on their own, holding hands and making out. Now she knew why she hadn't seen them in over a week. She was more upset than angry though, as she was happy for her friends. Clay noticed her sudden change of expression.

"Han, are you OK?", he asked, then saw what she was looking at.

"Looks like its the end of F.M.L. for now.", she said sadly. Clay put his hand over hers and she looked at him.

"There'll always be ‘Bakers and Helmets’, Han.", he told her softly, earning a small smile from her.

2 weeks later

Hannah and Clay were walking home, debating whether or not 102 was technically a The 1975 song because it wasn't on an album or EP or officially released, when Jessica came up to them.

"Oh, hey Jess.", Hannah greeted enthusiastically. Jessica was glaring at her.

"We need to talk. Privately.", she said, gesturing towards Clay. He and Hannah sighed as her and Jessica went into Monet's, not ordering anything.

When they got to their table, Jessica slouched in her seat and Hannah sat up. She placed her hand on the table.

"F.M.L?", she said hopefully. Jessica gave her a blank stare.

"Poor Clay. I wish he knew."

"Knew what?", Hannah asked innocently.

"Oh, come on, Hannah. I know what you've been doing with all the guys. I see its you and my boyfriend now.", Jessica said bitterly.

"What? The only guy I'm with is Clay. And what are you talking about? I haven't talked to Alex in 3 weeks, likewise with you."

"Then what does this mean?"

Jessica slammed a piece of paper on the table and stood up. It was the list from earlier in the day. It was made by Alex and some of the other guys, and Hannah was under ‘Best Ass’ and Jessica under ‘Worst Ass’. Hannah scoffed when she saw it.

"C'mon Jess. You know this is bullshit. Alex did this on his own.", Hannah said, trying to be reasonable, but Jessica was having none of it.

"He just broke up with me, on his own?"

"Yes, he did."

"Oh, don't act innocent, Baker!"

"But I am innocent. I had nothing to do with this."

"Yeah. Well, enjoy it. Coz you will, won't you? Because that's what sluts do.", Jess spat bitterly.

"Fuck you.", Hannah said tearfully.

That's when Jessica brought her hand up and struck her hard on the face. She ran out of the shop, past Clay, who had come in as he was getting worried. He saw Hannah sitting at the table, crying. He walked over and sat across from her.

"Little Baker?", he asked, and she looked up at him with puffy eyes.

"What happened?", he asked, rubbing her cheek.