Chapter 20 | Unfolding Dangers

"Suho's wound wasn't too bad," Sehun began, "only one part was bad enough to need stitching, because he was bleeding a lot from it."

Seeing Sehun stitch Suho has definitely been an experience.

"How often do you?-"

"After the fortnightly hunts usually...but now...... I think it will happen more often."

He frowned. You mirrored his face and the worry in his eyes.

"We should go out and check on the others-"

"They'd get angry- I'm sure they'll see us-"

Kai stumbled into the room.

"Okay we have security camera's hooked up all around here, they'll need battery changes but they're directly hooked up to our TV," He said sternly, "we have traps and defences if we need them but with rounds happening I didn't want to risk hurting Chanyeol."

Sehun nodded.

"We haven't seen any sign of them yet..."

Sehun nodded again.

"If you wanted I could watch Suho so you two could keep an eye on the cams and check on everyone else."

"You were reading my mind," Sehun laughed a little, "thank you Kai, I'll be back if you need me."

Kai nodded firmly, and as Sehun turned he sent you a worried smile.

"See you later loser"

You smiled a little as he said that, and then you felt fingers grazing against yours, and without looking at you Sehun held your hand. He walked not to far ahead, leading you to the TV as if pretending to lead you would make you think he wasn't holding it because he wanted to. But you couldn't see his eyes, you couldn't check for fear or worry or happiness- so you wouldn't know why. But he let go when you met eyes with Baekhyun who gulped as if to keep something down.

"Hey Baekhyun.." You greeted.

"I have to report to Suho that everything's A-Okay," He smiled, "Chanyeol's just continuing rounds."

"And then we'll switch out when his done." Sehun nodded.

"How's your day going?" Baekhyun looked to you.

A pang of jealously lit his eye up, and you questioned when you had gotten so good at reading emotions-

"It's going good- other than Suho being hurt and whatever going on happening." You shrugged.

"I think he'll tell you tonight...." Baekhyun smiled to you and rested a hand on your shoulder briefly.

Sehun smiled to Baekhyun and Baekhyun smiled back and the atmosphere lifted to its usual.

"There are twenty camera's around places we visit, places near here and where traps or attacks have happened." Sehun scanned over each camera as you spotted D.O returning home with arms full.

One camera that caught another exposed the extra box that stored batteries for each camera.

"Why are they battery operated?" You asked him.

"They pick up sounds and views from ages away and we couldn't cord that- or that's what I'm assuming."

"Your right on that guess," Kai walked into the room, "Suho's awake"

"Is he good enough to move?"

"With help." Kai looked back to Baekhyun and Suho

"Chanyeol will be back soon, Kai did you want to take over?"

You winced remembering his torso.

"I'll be fine idiot." He mumbled as if he'd seen it, and then he nodded.

"Hey guys!" Chanyeol smiled, exposing his teeth as light fog came from his breathing.

Kai nodded and collected clothes from the boxes aligned now at the door.

Chanyeol had obviously changed not too long ago because the cold air from the setting sun had gotten his skin to goosebump, and let his breath fog lightly on entry.

"I'm back too," D.O smiled, "I'll have dinner ready soon, I'm glad your looking better Suho."

"Everyone is." You smiled to him.

"Did you have fun today?" He asked, "because I'm going to tell you-"

There was a fast movement on the furthest camera from the house.

"Kai-"

"No that's not Kai."

- - -

Word count: 641
Date Written: 21-12-18

💓
(Sorry for any more spelling errors)