Chapter Twenty Eight

My limbs are weightlessly floating as the warm sun beats down around me. The golden rays seeping into my skin and warming my bones, eliminating all the stress that I've been carrying around for far too long. A sudden squawking from a bird above grasps my attention causing a scowl to appear upon my face. I watch as the giant bird hovers over my body, swarming in the same circle while he screeches, disturbing my peaceful bliss.

My eyes begin to flutter open as the miserable squawking continues and I'm being dragged from my dreams, back to reality. On instinct my hand reaches for my phone on the nightstand and jerks the devices closer to my face. I pry one eye open and squint as I shut off my alarm.

A deep, raspy groan vibrates against my bare chest, snapping away the foggy haze around me and fully waking me up. I toss my phone back onto the nightstand and pull this gorgeous woman even closer into my embrace. Calming warmth emits from her silky naked flesh and I can't stop myself from snuggling even closer.

A grin threatening to split my face in half, spreads like a crack in fragile glass. My lips stretch forward to place a small kiss on top of her head, becoming lost in a mess of dark tresses. My wife stirs, her hips thrusting forward against my thigh, heating up my skin instantly from the heat emitting from her center.

I scoot down between the sheets and brush my nose against hers. Her eyes are peacefully shut, but there's a faint smile lingering upon those full lips. My nose nudges hers once again, silently requesting that she tilts her head back so I have better access to her mouth that I desperately crave.

Regina obeys, her head falling back and her thick lips already puckering for mine. I smile as I lean forward and connect our mouths for a long kiss that remains closed. Never once do we push for more, because our lips resting against one another's is more than enough for this tender moment.

Regina sighs heavily as she slowly begins to break apart our kiss. "I should be going before the children wake," she groggily mumbles with her eyes still firmly closed.

I tighten my arms around her back and squeeze her even closer, despite the fact that we are already molding into each other's fronts.

"Or you could stay," I whisper before tenderly brushing my lips against hers again. This statement is the switch that forces her eyes open to meet mine.

"Or...I could...stay..." she utters incoherently as her mind tries to pick apart and analyze what I'm trying to say.

"Stay," I breathe barely loud enough for it to be considered a whisper and peck her delicious lips once more.

"Em...the children..." she stammers between my insistent kisses and tries to back away to study my face for more in depth answers.

"So," is all I mutter before biting down on her lower lip and sucking on the warm flesh.

She whimpers from my teasing, her nails scratching down my back until she reaches my bottom, roughly grabbing the meaty portion and forcing my body closer.

"Em," she moans as I release her bottom lip and slither down until I'm peppering her neck with sweet kisses.

"Stay," I whisper again and squirm further down with my delicate kisses. "Forever," I breathlessly request, placing one firm and meaningful kiss to her chest, just above her heart.

Her slender fingers tread through my hair while her other hand cups my cheek and gently guides my head up to meet her glossy gaze.

"A-are you sure?" Her voice wobbles on the small little question and my heart beats faster for this woman.

"Positive." I lean back down and press my lips against her chest again. Her strong heart thumps powerfully against my lips, creating a smile to form around my mouth. "I love you Regina and I don't ever want to let you go again."