Layer

"Me.." Layer spoke, suddenly her face became very red like she just had processed what she had just said.

"Hm. Alright." You nodded.

"There's a cupboard over there." Alia point out. Layer looked over to it and her face became even more red, if that was even possible.

"Thanks Alia." You nodded, walking off into that direction while Layer hesitantly followed you. You walked into the closet and waited for Layer to get in before closing the door.

"So..." You began, trying to start a conversation. Layer didn't say anything, she just looked down. Her eyes were covered by her fringe. You bit the inside of your cheek. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." She spoke, her voice breaking a little.

"Do you want to say anything while it's just the two of us in here?" You asked. "This will be our only chance to talk without any interference."

"I..." She looked to the side. "I can't.." She whispered.

"Can't what? Is something wrong?" You asked. Layer was suddenly taken aback by your sudden worry for her.

"Do you know how it's been going around that I have feelings for Zero?" She asked.

"Erm.. yes, I suppose so." You nodded, rubbing your chin.

"It's not true.." She said.

"Layer, it's okay if you do, I won't tell him. I'm not that kind of person." You smiled sadly at her.

"I know you aren't.." Layer sighed dreamily. "But I really don't like him, I'm in love with a different Maverick hunter." She stated, her voice becoming a little clearer to hear.

"Do you want to tell me who it is?" You asked, frowning slightly. "I-I mean, you don't need to. I'm completely fine if you don't." You shook your head and leaned back.

"I do want to tell you.." She held her hand on her chest. "But I don't know if I can.."

You cocked your head to the side. "It's okay.. take your time." You placed your hand on her shoulder.

She sighed shakily. "Before I tell you, I must ask, do you have a love for all reploids?"

"That depends on what you mean." You replied.

"All types of reploids, Fighter or navigator, male or female..." She trailed off at the word female.

"I've never really thought about it.." You admitted. "Although, I do like to think of myself as someone who is open to knew things, so I guess I like any type of reploid." You nodded. "Why do you ask?" Layer took in a deep breath and grabbed both of your hands, making you lift your eyebrow at her. "Layer..?"

"(Y/N) (L/N).. you are an amazing Maverick hunter, I look up to you in many ways." She flashed her emerald green eyes at you. "I believe.. I believe I have fallen in love with you."

"Layer.."

"Every time I see you. I feel like I'm going to malfunction with joy." Her cheeks heated up. "I.. I didn't know how to tell you.."

"Layer." You said, your voice sterner, but still joyful. She looked at you, her eyes widening at your sudden outbreak. "I love you too." You moved your hands from her up to her cheeks.

"You do..?" She asked, her frown became a hopeful smile.

"Yes." You nodded. Layer leaned down to you to kiss you, but before she could the cupboard door swung open, making you both jump back.

"Times up." Axel spoke, moving away from the open door. Both you and Layer became very flustered. Did he see anything?

You quickly slipped out the cupboard and join everyone back at the circle and so did Layer.