Palette

"Palette." Layer spoke softly.

"Eh??" Palette flinched as her cheeks became warm. "Okay fine! Where do we go?"

Alia pointed to a small cupboard. "That place has bits of old paper work, it's pretty empty so how about you both go in there?"

"Seems a little too big for the both of them." Axel rubbed his chin. Alia rolled her eyes at his comment and the two of you stepped into the small cupboard.

You closed the door behind you and then sighed. Palette refused to turn and face you. You bit the inside of your cheek and sat down, the young looking reploid noticed this.

"W-What are you doing?" She asked, turning her head to you with her hands on her hips.

"I'm getting comfortable, since we won't be talking or doing anything." You shrugged and started checking your systems.

"I-I never said we wouldn't talk!" Palette angrily furrowed her brow at you.

"Have you got anything to say?" You asked, giving her a bored look.

"N-No!" Her cheeks dusted the slightest pink.

"Exactly." You continued scanning your systems for any bugs or anything like that. Palette huffed and turned around, crossing her arms. There was about a minute of silence between the both of you before she turned around fully and puffed up her chest.

"Actually, I do have something to say!" She looked down at you, her cheeks more red now. You sighed and shook your head, standing up.

"Shoot your shot." You smiled a lazy smile, looking down at the shorter reploid. Palette gulped at your calm state, she wondered why you weren't uncomfortable in this tight space with just her.

"I.. I.." She shut her eyes and clenched her fists. "I like you! Okay? There! I said it! Happy now?" She kept her face down to hide her blush. "And I don't care if you don't like me back.. I'm still going to be your navigator, no mater what!" She crossed her arms and turned back around.

You smiled softly and wrapped your arms around her from behind, you could feel her jump at the sudden touch. You rested your chin on her head after giving her a kiss there first. "I like you too, Palette." You whispered to her. Palette shivered at your soft words. Her face became as red as Zero's armour as she processed what you had just said. After a moment of her not responding by saying or doing anything, you released the soft hug around her. Palette? Are you okay? Did I do something w-" You took a step back only to see Palette quickly turn around and hug your waist, she basically jumped into your arms and buried her head in your chest.

"I love you Y/n!" She cried, her voice breaking a little. Was she crying? Your eyes widened and soon softened as you returned the hug smiling at the young girl's actions.

"Alright girls, times up." A familiar maverick hunter's voice could be heard, getting closer to the cupboard. Palette gasped and pushed herself off you and stood straight, you got to see her flustered expression, that made you giggle to yourself.

Zero opened the door, only to get pushed back by a angry and flustered little reploid. Palette stormed out of the small space and sat back down at her chair where she was before, her arms were crossed and she was biting the inside of her cheek. "Worst seven minutes of my life!" She huffed.

You rolled your eyes and walked out slowly. "I didn't mind it." You shrugged, you glanced at Palette who looked down with a pure red face.

"S-Shut up!" She whined.