Eventually, Tina moved to sit on the couch with Jacob as Nagini continued practicing. 

"What do you usually do for Christmas, Jacob?" she asked a few moments later.

"I don't usually do much. I'm usually alone so never did much," he replied.

"Newt said pretty much the same thing," Tina said.

"I've never celebrated Christmas before," Nagini commented. 

"You haven't?" Jacob and Tina asked at the same time.

The girl shook her head. "My parents died when I was young. At least, I think that's what happened. I don't actually know."

"Oh," Tina said. "I'm sorry."

Nagini shrugged and went back to her work. 

Newt returned a few hours later, a huge smile on his face.

"What's up with you?" Tina laughed as she helped him pull his coat off.

His grin widened. "You'll see," he replied. He pushed past her and made his way over to the living room. She hung his coat up and joined him. He was setting his case on the floor in the middle of the room.

"What are you doing?" Jacob asked. 

Nagini got to her feet and approached him.

"I've got a surprise for all of you," Newt declared, throwing the lid of his case open. 

The four of them crowded around the case and looked inside. All Tina could see was green but the smell was distinctly familiar.

"Is that a tree?" Nagini asked.

"It's our Christmas tree," Newt declared.

Nagini gasped and looked up at him. He had moved away and pulled out his wand. He pointed it at one of the armchairs and was levitating it to another part of the room. Then he motioned for them to step away from the case. They obeyed and he pointed his wand at it. The tree slowly floated out the case, settling in the place Newt had cleared.

"It's not very big," he said as they admired it. "But then again, neither is this house."

"Newt, it's perfect," Tina breathed. He made his way over to her and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. 

He pointed his wand back into the case and a pile of boxes floated out. 

"Now let's decorate it," he said.

They opened the boxes to reveal beautiful glass balls and other colorful ornaments. They began hanging them on the tree, working without magic. There were also long strings of greenery that Newt and Tina used magic to hang around the room.

When they had hung everything up, they stepped back to admire their handiwork. 

"We don't have any lights," Jacob pointed out.

"Oh, right." Newt pulled out his wand and made his way over to the tree. He waved his wand around the tree, conjuring a handful of tiny fairies that settled themselves on the branches, illuminating the tree. They flitted from branch to branch, making the tree look alive.

"It's so beautiful," Nagini breathed. She hesitated. "Won't the Muggles be able to see that through the window?"

Newt shook his head. "They won't notice it. It'll look normal through the window."

Tina studied the tree. "There is one thing you forgot, Newt. You didn't get anything for the top."

Newt snapped his fingers. "I nearly forgot. I didn't get anything because I already have something." He vanished from the room, making his way up the stairs. He returned a few minutes later, carrying a dusty box. Setting it on the coffee table, he used his wand to remove all the dust. Then he opened the box to reveal a simple glass star. Lifting the star from the box, he slowly made his way to the tree and carefully placed it on the top of the tree. 

As he let go, the star transformed. It was still a star but it seemed to glow with a light of is own. It seemed to move, sending lights dancing across the room.

"There we go," he said. 

Tina joined him by the tree and he slipped an arm around her waist. She sighed and leaned into him, admiring the tree. A moment later, they heard Jacob clearing his throat. The sound was accompanied by Nagini's giggles. They turned to look at the pair of them. They were standing on the other side of the room. Nagini had her wand in her hand, pointing it at a spot above Newt and Tina's heads. They both glanced up. 

Newt and Tina glanced at each other. Then their gazes traveled upward to see what Jacob and Nagini were looking at. 

A sprig of mistletoe floated above them.

Tina felt herself blush. Glancing down at Newt, she was surprised to find him looking at her. He was blushing as well but she had expected him to be avoiding her gaze. They had kissed many times before but the thought of having an audience embarrassed her.

Newt leaned forward, capturing her lips with his. The kiss was brief but it was soft and sweet. They pulled away and Newt reached up to grab the mistletoe from the air. 

"I think I'll put this somewhere a little more private," he murmured, quiet enough that only Tina could hear him. They both blushed intensely, glancing at Jacob and Nagini.

"Happy Christmas, Tina," Newt said a moment later.

Tina grinned at him. "Merry Christmas, Newt."

A/N: It's almost Christmas now and in the story. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please vote and comment.

It's raining and I need to clean my room. I know, those two things have nothing to do with each other but who cares.

Have a good day!

Bye!