Prolouge

Marinette

"Nico come on. Don't give me a hard time" he only laughed, ducking under the sheet that covered the old couch. I grabbed him by his legs, dangling him back to the makeshift bed his brothers were already sleeping in. I laid him down, putting the blanket over him as well.

"Go to sleep. Mommy and Daddy will be back in the morning okay?" He yawned, nestling into the pillow and closing his eyes. I sighed turning off the lamp beside him. I got up going into the main room to the little makeshift stove. The soup was ready. I put a couple of big spoon fulls into the bowl and carried the hot soup over to one of the closed rooms.

I creaked it open, sighing as I went over to the lump of body in the ground. I got to my knees, adjusting the blanket on him and sitting him up a bit. He just groaned, his eyes blinking open. "Sorry. Just you need to eat, you barely ate all day. So open up"

"You can stop babying me..." he mumbled as I fed him the soup.

"Your injured. Now stop acting like a baby and eat" he took the food, swallowing it.

It's been two months since everything has happened. He was still in an unstable condition as we didn't have any medical except for the bandages and some shots of morphine. He could barely move, only his facial expressions and neck really worked. His arms were incredibly sore and forget standing. He would fall anytime he would stand. The ring as long as it was kept on him, was his lifeline right now. The wound would continue to reopen even if he took a breathe too deeply.  It hurt to see him this way. It really did.

"Just take the ring off...please. I don't want you being held down by me anymore...so please end it." Since that day the ring has been tied and then taped to his finger. He was too weak to take it off. But everyday he would just want to give up. I could only shake my head at him.

"I still need you okay? I had to get you out of that fire and almost died doing so. So if you think I'm going to let you die now, your out of your mind" I glanced at his bandages, sighing as the blood had already dried again. "Now I'm going to change your bandages" he only mumbled something under his breathe, probably in disapproval. I reached over to the box of our medical supplies, pulling out the bandages. We are about to run out, meaning I have to go make a store run. I frowned at the thought, starting to take off his old bandages.

I then cleaned up some of the blood from around the wound. It was closed for now, let's hope it stays that way. I then began to wrap it back up with whatever we had left. I then set him back down. I put away whatever bandage we had left and gotten up with the bowl. I then felt his arm go on my foot, he grabbed me by the ankle. "Stay...please"

"I have to go make sure the little devils stay in their bed" I stepped out of his grip only making him sigh, beginning to shut his eyes. I shook my head exiting the room again. I shut the door and looked up at the main door as it had opened revealing both Carapace and Rena Rouge. They both seemed a little out of breathe, groceries hanging from their arms. Rena locked the door, both of them looked tired. They both put the groceries on the countertop of our makeshift kitchen.

"How are the little ones? They went to bed okay?"

"Yes but your child Nico I always a trouble maker going to bed"

"He gets that from his dad" Rena put the last bag down, her eyes narrowing at her husband. He grinned at her but she only rolled her eyes. "This idiot thought it would be best to go through a market with just a cloak on"

"Hey and it worked!" He retaliated.

"Until a kid pulled down his cloak and police were after us" he began to put away the food as he stuck his tongue out at her. She did the same, going to the room to check on her kids. I helped him put away some of the groceries away in the cupboards we had. He lit another candle so we can see better as it was dark out.

"How's Adrien?" I just shrugged at him.

"Same old same old. He wants to die and etc"

"I meant health wise. But anyways, how are you doing?"

"Same old shit" I then looked down to avoid his gaze. I could tell he was unhappy with my response but it was the truth. I don't lie. "Anyways I need to go out. We are running low for bandages"

"Adrien won't like that your going out without your Kwami" I groaned at his answer.

"Well Adrien isn't in charge of me Now is he? Plus I'm taking care of him and we are out of bandages. Therefore I'm going to go out to get some" I grabbed my yo-yo that somehow survived the explosion and put on my coat. I went out the door, slamming it on the way out.

A/N

Short but I'm back my loves

💕