Chapter One

I woke up hot. Every time I wake up all I think about are those violet eyes staring back at me. I have had the same dream three times this week, and today was Thursday. This time, I definitely need a cold shower.

"I would take one, you never know when we're gonna find him"  my wolf, Cecil, excitedly chimed in my head.

"Okay, I'll shower, but only because of training yesterday," I informed her.

"How you can sleep after being sweaty and gross is beyond me."

I didn't respond, smirking to myself.

Climbing out of my warm, soft bed wasn't easy, but that could have been because it was 3:54 in the morning. I was not a morning person, but it was mandatory when you are the Alpha's daughter and the top warrior in the pack. I had to get up early every morning in order to train the others. I worked hard to get to the top and nothing will stop me from keeping my title.

As I stumbled my way to my bathroom to start my shower I thought about the dream of my so-called mate. It worried me, why would a wolf not care if the world was destroyed? Nature was what gave us our power and makes us safe. 

Signing, I finished my shower and got dressed in my washed out and ripped jeans, a void black strapless top with a leather jacket over it and my favorite knee high, heels boots. For good measure, I stuffed a few knives into my boots. Opponents always think that because I was wearing heels I was less of a fighter and didn't have as much balance. What they don't know is that I mange to walk around outside without ever tripping or sinking into the earth. 

Looking at the clock that now read 5:00 am I grabbed my phone and threw open my door, not worrying about people still being asleep. I strutted down the hallway and down the staircase. The sudden smell of my mother's cooking flooding through the pack house caused everyone, including myself, to run through the house and into the kitchen. I may not like having to wake up early but I do love food.

"Rose, honey, can you help me finish the pancakes? No snacking. I have to get all the plates and things down for when the men come in," my mother, the Luna, spoke with her back to me. However, I could feel her smirking when she said no snacking. I had a habit of eating the pancakes before they ever made it to the plates.

"Yeah, I can help." I laughed as I walked up to her, kissing her check and taking over at the stove. For the next ten minutes I watched as my mother ran around the kitchen to get all the dinning ware and humming to herself. When everything was done, I walk up to my mom and hugged her good morning. I stayed a few minutes longer to watch everyone come up to get food and sit around the dinning table. A few people called out good morning to my mother and I.

"I'm gonna eat and then start training the new warrior."

"Alrighty, but just remember to speak to your father, he said it was important. Something or other about magic, I think," she called as she went to the other side of the kitchen to help the children get their food. I watched as her long brunette hair swayed and her brown eyes sparkled as she thought of my dad. This always happened when she thought about him, I found it kind of adorable to see my mother acting that way.

"Rosalynn? Come to my office as soon as possible," my father mind-linked me in a off tone. I probably should go now rather than later.

"One my way. Let me just grab a few pancakes for the walk upstairs" I linked back, laughing a little at my love of food. True to my word, I grab about seven pancakes and stuffed them in my mouth on the way to his fourth floor office. Once I was in a few feet of the dark stained mahogany door I wiped my mouth free of crumbs and wiped my hands on my pants. When I thought I was presentable enough I knocked on his door.