It's Hard To Kiss Fangs

--> Shit. I've gone sappy. And it's scaring me. But I guess a little change is OK! <--

It's Hard To Kiss Fangs: Chapter 1

~Scarlette~

I walked down the street, my shoes making soft noises. The pitter patter of the rain drowned out everything, even my hallow breathing as I shivered from the cold.

The dark of the night concealed my drenched body, making my over sized sweater and jeans invisible. Only when the street light illuminated me could anyone see me, but as far as I was concern, no one else was here. I was alone.

A rain drop fell into my eye, causing me to stop and blink for a moment. Once I rubbed my eyes, I noticed that my makeup was running. I wasn't particularly worried about that, but if anyone saw me, I knew they'd be scared by the sight of me. After all, running mascara doesn't make ANYONE pretty.

I jumped into a puddle a few feet away, relishing the moment I could just act like a kid. I normally don't let people see my soft side, but what the heck. I might as well tonight.

As I jumped into another one, though, I felt a body crash into me. I was flung a few yards away, my chin scrapping on the hard cement. I could taste the blood in my mouth for I had landed face first and now I was pissed. Really pissed.

"What the hell?!" I screamed at whoever was there. I couldn't exactly see anything, but I saw a few figures ahead of me. They looked like they were fighting or something, but I only caught a glimpse of the silhouettes.

I got to my feet, not caring who I might be dealing with. I wanted to his (I figured a he by the way they were lightly grunting) face into the ground like he did me. I could already feel a bruise forming on my facial skin, only making me more furious.

I ran forward, closer to the men. I could definitely tell they were fighting, but I didn't care. I figured that whoever I attacked, the other dude would back me up.

One of them faltered backwards, giving me the perfect opportunity. I shoved him forward, sending his body to the wet cement. He landed with a huff, but I didn't give him any chances to get up; I was angry and he was my punching bag.

I slammed my sneaker into his back which made a cracking noise in the night air. I drew my fist back, ready to punch the shit out of him, but someone grabbed my wrist. "What the hell, man!" I yelled again as he pulled me away.

"He's had enough," the guy grumbled. He still wouldn't stop dragging me, his arms wrapped around my waist. I wiggled and struggled, but it didn't faze him.

"Will you let me go, you shit head?" I spat.

"Feisty one, aren't you?" he laughed in response.

I hate when people treat me like an innocent child. "No, I'm just bitchy," I barked back. "Now let go or I'll make sure you never have sex again!"

The boy/guy/man (I couldn't tell which one) let go of me instantly. "That was low," he said with a tone full of laughter and mocking-ness. I shrugged to myself, not really caring. At least he had let go.

"Does it look like I give a shit?"

He stepped forward into the light, stepping only inches away from me. "I can see you now...And no, it doesn't look like you care much."

I laughed to myself for an unknown reason. Then I looked into his eyes.

Those baby blues had me captivated the second I looked into them. They were crystal-like, clear and pristine. They outshined even the most expensive and fine cut sapphire, out twinkling the stars. It was as if water was swimming inside them too, the emotions inside gentle and kind.

I gasped to myself, not knowing I was gasping out loud. I couldn't look away; I was hypnotized by the beauty of his eyes.

"I guess I'll see you around," he said nervously.

Then as quickly as he had arrived, he vanished.

--> I have no idea where this is going- honestly. I just wrote the first chapter and kept it...Suddenly I found it and decided to post it. Like it? Let me know. <--