13 Steps to Hell

I was pushed forward, tripping on the side of a headstone and falling face first into the damp grass. I pushed up with my hands and got off the ground, brushing off the dirt that stuck to my bare legs. I turned my head and looked at the giggling group of drunk highschoolers that stood behind me. They pointed forward, ushering me to go on. I rolled my eyes and shivered, a warm damp heat wave passing by my leg, making warm goosebumps pop up on my calves. I walked toward the tomb where I was guessing the bodies were. By now I was more scared then I had been in a while, but I was tough and had enough guts to get through this.

So by now you may be wondering why I'm at a graveyard, well I moved to Washington 2 weeks ago and just joined school 3 days ago. There I had made a few friends, mostly people that just helped me find my classes, but on Friday a guy named Jensen had asked me to a party, I said yes, going to a party would help me make some friends. So I had gotten ready at my house, dressing in a pair of highwaisted ripped denim shorts, a black strapless crop top, a long white lace cardigan and baby blue vans. I went to the party with Jensen and it turned into a drunk game of truth or dare. I was dared to go out to the old graveyard that was said to have one of the most famous crypts in the state of Washington. People said when you reached the 13th step on the crypt you would see a chilling vision of hell.

I walked forward, slowly approaching it. I stood at the top of the stairs and looked down. It was dark down there and the steps were crumbling and cracked. I slowly made the descent and took a deep breath, as I reached the bottom step and hesitated. Slowly putting my foot down on the 13th step, I looked up and-

Oohhhhhhh I have so much fun with cliff hangers. This one isn't scary, I just read about this urban legend in Washington where I live and wanted to write about it.