Chapter 7 Back to the future

That night...

After putting a dozen tree branches and rocks into Mr. Fusion, Renee and Diana were finally ready to go.

"You know, " said Diana as she and Renee ne got into the DeLorean, "This car can fly too."

"Really?" said Renee.

"Yes." Diana pointed up at a switch above the windshield, "Doctor Brown showed me. This button makes the car fly. I forgot to ask him how to fly once the car is in the air. Maybe when we get back, I can try it out."

"Couldn't you try it out here?"

"No, it's far too risky. I could damage the car and we would be stuck here forever."

"Of course." said Renee, "You're right. It would be too risky."

Suddenly, the drivers side door openned up, it was Heracles.

"There you are!" he said as he pulled Diana out of the car, "I didn't think you were dumb enough to still be in this area."

Diana kicked Heracles back, "You don't learn very well do you?"

Diana held up her fist to Heracles, ready to strike him, "You couldn't beat you before. But since I'm a woman of peace, I will give you a chance. Just turn around and walk away; leave us alone and there won't be any trouble."

Heracles kicked Diana's feet out from under her, "You think that you can bargain with my life?"

Diana fell to the ground and Heracles pinned within seconds.

"You have made a fool out of me for the last time." said Heracles as he unsheathed his and held it to Diana's throat.

Renee climbed out of the car and confronted Heracles.

"Let her go."

"What are you going to do about it wench?" said Heracles.

Renee pulled out her dagger once more.

'I could kill him NOW!'

Heracles still had his attention on Diana.

'NO! I may have changed the future already but help the amazons. If I kill Heracles, theres no telling what can change in the present; what could do I do?'

Renee took the dagger by the blade as Heracles laughed at Diana.

"I think that I will enjoy killing you nice and slow and your friend here will become my personal servant."

'I sure hope this works'

Renee hit Heracles on the back of the head with the dagger's handle.

Heracle groaned in pain as he stood up to face Renee.

"No mortal weapon can hurt me. What is that dagger made out?"

"You'll never know!" said Diana as she tripped Heracles.

Renee hit Heracles again, this time in the face.

He was out!

"Are you alright?" asked Renee as she helped Diana up.

"Of course I am," Diana laughed, "I am the champion of the gods after all."

Diana and Renee both climbed back into the DeLorean.

"Well sweetheart," said Diana with a smile, "Ready to go home?"

"You bet."

Diana started the engine and drove the DeLorean down to an old dirt road.

"This should be long enough to get up to 88." said Diana as she punched in the date on the keypad.

July 23, 2004 11:00 pm

"One thing before we jump." said Diana, "Since the time of our last jump is unclear we may land in our time a little early. If that happens then it was very important not to let your 'other self' see you.
It could disrupt the spacetime continuum and create a paradox."

"Paradox!" said Renee, "You mean something that could destroy the universe?"

"That's right."

"Alright got it!"

Diana wiped some sweat off her face as she drove down the road.

The DeLorean soon hit 88 miles per hour and it let off blue flashes - it was about ready to travel through time.

Another flash!

The dirt road changed into a grass field.

Diana jammed out the brake as she saw the city of Themyscira in the distance. It was not destroyed like before.

"Alright!" Diana yelled as she hopped out of the car, "Renee! We're home!"

Renee jumped out of the DeLorean.

"We made it!" Renee yelled as she hugged Diana.

"Noooooo!" Someone nearby screamed.

"I'll kill you!"

Diana and Renee ran over to the side of the grassy hill were the voice came from.

Down in the rocky valley, a slightly younger Rene pushed a slightly younger Diana into the DeLorean.

Diana and Renee crouched down so, so that their past selves couldn't see them.

"That's us..." Renee whisped.

"What in the name of Tartarus is this dagger made of?" They heard Ares yell.

Past Renee as she closed the door of the DeLorean just as Ares threw her dagger into the metal frame.

The DeLorean drove off with Ares' flying chariot chasing after it.

"I'll get you for that amazon!"

Ares got close to the car, but past Renee made a tight turn to avoid Ares.

The car moved faster.

Ares got close again.

The DeLorean skidded through another change of direction.

"That's it! Now I'm mad!" yelled Ares as he reached down into the chariot for something.

'He's getting out the cannon.' Diana thought as the DeLorean circled around the rocky plains.

An explosion was heard as the DeLorean turnned towards the grassy hill were present Diana and Renee were.

The DeLorean sped up!

"Damn you!" yelled Ares.

The DeLorean bathed in flahing blue light and then it disappeared, leaving behind two fire trails.

Ares covered his eyes as his chariot flew into the two fire trails.

Finally Ares managed to stop his chariot.

"What?! We did they go?! I was so close!"

Ares steered his chariot back up towards the sky.

"I will get that time machine yet. They've go to come back sometime."

. . .

When Ares was gone from sight, Diana and Renee ran to the cave where the other amazons hid.

"Diana!" Hippolyta said as she hugged her daughter, "What happened out there?"

"It's a long story." Diana giggled.

The end...for now