The Summer Day We Met

August 3rd, 2015

"It's hot as hell out here today". I said out loud to myself as I stepped out the house locking the door.

I was about to walk a few blocks just to get me some air.

I took my hair down two nights before so I had on a bonnet and didn't give a fuck.

I was always looking cute so when I wanted to be bummy for a day that's exactly what I was gone do.

My grandma and I stayed on the north side of Chicago.

We had a nice three bedroom house and the Royce community.

*Flashback*

"Chanel your cousin tae here" my grandma yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"Tell her to come up granny I just got out the shower" I shouted out loud enough so my granny could hear me.

I was standing and the mirror putting on my Love Spell lotion by Victoria's Secret.

*Knock,Knock*

"Open It" I said, turning around to see Tae walking in with a grin on her face.

She was dressed and some Blue overalls, White crop top, White Armani Exchange belt and some all White Air Forced Ones. Her hair was curly and it was all over her head but she made it look good.

Tae was a boy trapped inside a girl body.

She would tell people all the time "I was suppose to be a boy".

She was a year older than me and she already had damn near her whole body tatted.

I only had one tattoo and that was a bad girl heart located on my stomach.

Me and Tae wasn't real cousins.

Our grandmas went to church together and every time I came to visit my grandma during the summers we would hang out.

"Damn you need help putting on that lotion Luck?" she asked walking over to me.

"No thank you Tae i'm a big girl I could handle it". I said back to her.

I walked around her and watched her as she stared at me putting my clothes on.

I had some White daisy dukes, a Black baby doll tee and some all black Converse shoes laid out.

My panties and bra was also black.

"You not putting on them lil bitty shorts Lucky". Tae said as she tried snatching them from my hand.

"Taelynn don't start with me Today". I said an a slightly irritated tone.

"Why you gotta dress like a hoe? You want them niggas on Ellis staring at you than go right ahead, but if I see one of them looking at you the wrong way I'll end his life and I'm not playing." She said walking pass me an out the room.

I stood there laughing because Tae always had a crush on me but I looked at her like she was my big cousin so I never wanted to get on that with her.

*Flash Back Over*

I was walking down Jefferson St. just thinking about Tae if she was here things would be so much better.

When they took her life I felt like a part of me left too. We did everything together from beating up hoes to robbing niggas.

I walked into the store on A block grabbing a bag of Dorritos and a Cherry Pepsi.

I payed for my stuff and walked towards the door.

"You live around here?" Some dark skinned nigga asked blocking the door way.

"Nah" I politey said back walking around to get away from him.

"Damn I forgot to get some candy" I said to myself walking back towards the entry of the store but I quickly turned around once I saw that nigga coming out.

"Can I get a minute of your time?" I heard him say.

I turned towards him and said "You just did" walking away.

"You got a boyfriend?" He asked catching up to me.

"Damn this nigga annoying." I thought to myself.

"I'm married" I said to him thinking he would leave me alone but he didn't.

"Why I don't see a ring then?" He said pointing out the obvious.

I wasn't married but I wasn't about to let him know that.

"It's complicated right now" I said laughing.

"What's yo name?" he asked.

This nigga was too consistent so I stopped walking giving him all my attention.

"My name Lucky, Who is you?" I said staring at him.

"My Name R.A can I get yo number so I can call you later?" he asked.

I looked at him trying to read him but I couldn't.

He pulled out his phone and I gave him my number.

"Imma call the phone later." He said walking away and with that I turned around walking towards my house.

Later That Night ..

I was standing in the bathrrom mirror finshing the last braid in my head.

"My damn hands hurt." I said out loud to myself.

*Buzz,Buzz* "Who is this calling me?" I thought as I picked my phone up from the sink.

The number wasn't saved in my phone so I was debating on if I wanted to answer it or not.

"Hello" I said into the phone.

"Yo This R.A" he said.

His voice was actually sexy over the phone.

"Hey I just finished my hair let me call you back." I said not even waiting for him to respond.

I hung up the phone and continued putting the finish touches on my hair.

It was something about that nigga R.A that I liked I just wasn't sure what is was yet.

I did get a good look at him while we was standing there talking to each other.

He was a Coco Puff complexion, his eyes were dark Brown and his teeth were pure White.

He had on a White tee, Black Addidas jogging pants with White stripes and some all White Harrauches.

He was buff just how I like em.

I thought about calling him back because I was bored but It was already after 12.

I laid in my bed and played my music eventually falling asleep.