Link: (To Mario) I'm guessing you didn't come here for a short reunion.

Zelda: I'm guessing you're on a quest to rescue Princess Peach.

Mario: Correct. I've also come to the realization that I must cross various universes to find her and defeat Bowser.

Link: Why don't have a sparring session.

Zelda: It's a great way to see if your skills have improved. You versus us. 2-on-1.

Mario: Let's-A Go!

Mario ran up to Dash attack Zelda, but she spotdodged, and back threw him to Link, who performed a Side Smash. Mario was surrounded so he performed a Down Smash on both of them and went straight to Link, planning to edgeguard.  

Mario: No clawshot?

Link: No need for it.

Link recovered high with a Spin Attack and while Mario was distracted, Zelda was charging up Phantom Slash, and let it loose. Mario quickly gained a sixth sense caped it back at her.

Mario: Hah!

Mario then focused his attention on Zelda but Link threw in a Remote Bomb, but Mario held up his shield and Link ran forward. Mario grabbed Zelda, pummeled her a bit and back threw her, hitting Link in the process during the swing.

Mario: My skills are very sufficient indeed. 

Zelda: Not for long.

Zelda used Farore's Wind to successfully trap Mario offstage, then she tried to meteor smash, but Mario performed his forward aerial to send her to oblivion, before recovering high. Link tried to fire an arrow but caped it back. 

Mario: It's gonna take more than just ranged attacks.

Mario did an uncharged forward smash. Link tried to recover, but Mario used his trusty F.L.U.U.D., and Link fell to the abyss. 

Mario: Thanks for the lesson, guys, but I've got to complete my quest.

Mario then traveled to Dream Land to a location called Green Greens. Mario saw lots of gourmet scattered around.

Mario: Food! I've eaten in while, but it's all junk food. Cakes, ice cream, chocolate. As much as I would love to enjoy those delicacies, it would slow me down.

Mario then took notice to the Whispy Woods.

Mario: An apple tree! Apples are sure to give me the energy I need. I kinda feel weirded out that this tree has a face on it though.

???: Don't you touch my food!!!!!

Waddle Dees, carrying a palanquin with their leader above stepped forward. It was the king of Dream Land, King Dedede.

King Dedede: Who dares lays their filthy hands on my food?

Mario: It's just an apple.

King Dedede: I don't care if it was a single raisin, no one touches but me! ME, ME, ME!

Mario: Look, Dedede, no need to get upset. I don't cause any trouble.

King Dedede: Oh you're way past trouble, Mario! Get ready! I'm gonna teach you about touching food without asking.

As they getting to throw down, a Warp Star came down crashing on the scene with a little pink puffball controlling it. Kirby took one look of Mario and King Dedede each.