Rules

Welcome welcome. To start off with, let me explain why I would ever want to start a reading contest. I don't know why. But after three years in the Wattpad community filled with meeting several successes and forming close bonds, I decided to give back to the little guy. Even though the little guy is probably taller than me.

Anywho....... what qualifies me to decide if your book is good or not. In truth, nothing qualifies me. Which is why I will not be judging your books. I have assembled a group of readers/editors NOT from Wattpad. Jk some of them are from Wattpad. But some aren't. (No matter how many times I've begged.)

They will not be named, socially awkward booknerds (I say this with loving endearment as I am one too), for reasons that they chose to keep private. (Even from the host of the awards.) No, they are not fake people and I'm lying to you just to look all fancy. These people are everyday, average joes. Except most are female so I guess they'd be Jill's.

Anyway....... let's get down to the rules. There are twenty-one categories that are listed in the next chapter. They represent the core of Wattpad's heart and soul. (Other than fanfics we're not doing those here.)

The readers nominate the book of their choice (under 100,000 reads) and post their pick in a comment tagged to the subject they are nominating the book to. Yes, a book can be nominated to more than one subject.

No, the books don't have to be completed. As long as they have one legitimate chapter. (Yes, that includes prologues. No, it does not include author's notes or other info.)

Here comes the twist. In order for a book to be reviewed, it must have five replies, not including the author of the book or the original nominator, that say that they agree with the nomination. So in total, a book will need six nominations in order to be considered for the competition.

Woah! What is this?!? Another twist. Authors cannot nominate their own book. Sure you can privately beg your readers to nominate you, that's not of my business. However you cannot openly nominate yourself.

Once a book gets nominated, the author will get messages by me asking for permission to have their books in this contest. If they say yes, then they're in. If they say no, then it's a no.

From there, each category will have three winners, and there will also be three overall best novel prizes. The results should be announced around late February, and the last day for nominations is going to be December 24.

There's still one big question left unanswered. What's in it for you? What can you possibly gain from this. How about bragging rights. Publicity. And....

Cool cover stickers!

That's right each winner'll her one of those cherished stickers to put on their book as they please.

Any other questions can be asked by privately messaging me. Don't be shy to ask, my bite doesn't hurt THAT much.

Yes, this is biannual. Hopefully if this goes well it will be held every December and June.

Now for something I've always wanted to do....

MANY WILL ENTER, ONLY SOME WILL WIN!