the charms

-

movement; hozier

-

there was something bambam noticed. whenever he was with yugyeom, the voices were either so quiet that he could barely hear them or they were gone completely.

this meant that he spent every minute with the zombie, and yugyeom was more than happy to comply. bambam was still too weak and tired to spend much time with the others, so they spent most of their time in his room. they also slept together ever since the night bambam told yugyeom about his nightmares. he still had the nightmare every night, but when he woke up, yugyeom was always there to hold him until he fell back asleep.

bambam wasn't sure how he felt about their arrangement. he could feel something stirring up inside him, but he kept pressing it down. whatever it was, it couldn't be nearly as important as the situation currently in front of him.

he and yugyeom had been working together for the past week, trying to find ways for bambam to practice his magic so he would be better prepared the next time he went into the room. yugyeom kept asking why he wouldn't use his wand, but bambam wasn't ready to tell him quite yet.

bambam was currently sat on his bed, rubbing at his temples with tears springing up in the corners of his eyes. yugyeom had left for a couple minutes to get them some dinner, and the voices took that chance to raise to a deafening level.

the door opened and bambam sighed in relief when the voices quieted. yugyeom walked in, setting two plates of food on bambam's desk. bambam reached a hand out and yugyeom quickly took it, apologizing for taking so long. at yugyeom's touch, the voices quieted to a faint whisper, almost gone. they were speaking latin nonsense today, words and phrases that meant nothing and were much too overlapped to decode.

"i got an idea", yugyeom said and sat down next to the witch. their fingers were still intertwined.

"hm?", bambam hummed, taking a sip of water out of the cup yugyeom handed him with his free hand.

"i was talking to hyunjin and he was complaining about how he misses the sun and he wishes we could go out in the day, and that made me think about a way you could strengthen your powers so you can go back in the room."

"how?", bambam asked impatiently. yugyeom grinned widely.

"you can make us day charms! it'll be good magic practice and we could go in the sun, which would be great for everyone!", he replied excitedly. bambam stared at him unsurely.

"i'd need to use my wand for that spell", he said plainly. yugyeom's shoulders fell.

"why won't you use your wand again?", he asked. bambam scowled and punched his shoulder weakly.

"stop asking."

"geez, alright." yugyeom stared at bambam for a couple seconds. "i just thought it would be helpful. plus, you used your wand to get into the room. wouldn't it be the same?"

"i just...i don't want to use it, okay?", bambam replied exasperatedly. "stop asking."

"okay."

they were silent and then bambam groaned and stood up, removing his hand from yugyeom's. he moved to his desk and pulled one of the drawers open, staring in it for a second before grabbing something out. he set it down on yugyeom's lap and the zombie stared at it in confusion.

"can...can you open it for me?"

yugyeom raised an eyebrow in question but did as bambam asked, pulling the lid off of the long box. his eyes widened when he saw what was inside.