The Bookstore Pt. 3

Erik left shortly after he drank his fill of you. It'd been a few days since you'd seen him. You didn't take the necklace off. You had a feeling he'd know. And it was the only way you could remind yourself that it wasn't a dream.

You'd gone back to work at the bookstore. Though you avoid the back office like a plague.

You were working Tuesday afternoon with Tammi. She didn't seem to remember anything from that night. And her neck wasn't covered with bruises and bite marks like yours was. You made sure to hide it with a scarf.

"Jason came by asking for you yesterday." Tammi looked at you with a smile playing on her lips.

"Oh." You said uninterested. You and Jason had a thing before. But every since the attack, you haven't reached out to him.

"Oh? Are y'all not talking anymore?" You shrugged in response and continued putting in the inventory counts as the bell rang announcing a visitor.

"Hello, welcome to Tarnes and Robles, how can we help you." Tammi greeted the potential customer. You glance up briefly and let out a gasp when you see it's Erik and his handsome cousin from that night.

Erik glances at you and smirks. His eyes flit to your neck that is covered with a scarf. But the necklace can be seen hanging on your cleavage. His smirk grows wider.

"I'm looking for a book on geography." Tammi hops up to help them immediately overly excited to help the handsome new customers. "I can show you over here." Tammi hopped up from her seat so quickly. Switching her hips for the two men that had just about killed her last week. You rolled your eyes at her extraness and went back to work.

They came back to the desk shortly with Tammi leading the way laughing a little too loudly at something Erik said. His cousin just looked on in amusement.

Tammi sold them a thick brown book with intricate 3D drawings on the cover and a small book on the Xhosa language. Once she wrapped up the books Erik turned to you.

He held out the Xhosa book for you to take. You looked at the book then at him.

"What?"

"Take it. You're going to need it." Your face scrunched up in confusion as he spoke. You took the book from his hand and quietly thanked him.

"Ndiza kubona kungekudala." He smiled at you and headed out the door behind his cousin.

Tammi was staring at you in confusion after she took the book from you and looked up the definition of what he said.

"You know him?" She asked incredulously.

"I Guess so." You were unsure if you could claim that you knew him. Or that you wanted to.

"Girl where and when? Give me the details. Does Jason know?" You rolled your eyes, it was none of Jason's damn business and you didn't want to talk about it.

"We met on the bus." Was all you said.

"And you ain't say anything he is fine."

"Can we not talk about him?!" You were fed up. Erik knew where you lived and where you worked in less than a week he was all you thought and dreamt about.

"My bad. Hey, one last question. His friend was fine too. Could you hook me up?" Her eyes were filled with hope. An image of her unconscious and bloody body popped into your mind.

"Absolutely not." You left it at that and signed out of work as soon as Jenna walked in the front door.

Your walked to the bus stop was freezing and you promised yourself that your first purchase after grad school would be a car. You boarded the bus and paid your fare then moved to the back of the crowded bus.

You sat down by yourself and leaned your head on the window. Your eyes refused to close.

"I don't like the fact that you be riding the bus alone." Your body didn't even jump in surprise. You slowly turned to Erik a blank look on your face.

"Why are you following me?" You asked him quietly. His brows jumped in surprise.

"I guess you're not afraid of me anymore." He smirks at you.

"Oh. I'm very aware that you could drain me of my blood. But I've also come to the realization that you haven't killed me yet. And you seem to have no plan of doing so." You stared back at him, your exhaustion gave you the courage you needed.

A half smile graces his lips as he stood up and got off at the next bus stop.

You thought about following him, but you knew he would find you again.

And you weren't wrong the next day you woke up to find him spinning around in your desk chair.

"You know you drool when you sleep shorty?" You sighed in annoyance.

"How do you keep getting in here?" You stare at him and sit up.

"A key." He stated looking through the papers on your desk.

"Who gave you a key?" You inquired.

"Your landlord. People can be persuaded to do just about anything when they are fearing for their life." He glanced up at you.

"Ugh so you just plan to not only be a terror in my life but everyone I know too?"

He chuckled. "That's a no. Not everyone is as special as you."

"Why do I have to wear this stupid thing." You remained in bed an hour later, fingering the necklace that felt a bit heavy on your neck. To say you weren't scared was a lie. Your heart was beating rapidly in your chest. But something in your heart was telling you to remain calm. Or to at least fake it.

"Because I said so." Erik was spinning around in your desk chair. "It's coated in my blood. And you're the only human whose been able to wear it without it burning a hole through your skin." You busted out in laughter, but soon quieted down when you realized he wasn't joking.

"That's so gross Erik." You move to take it off.

"You take it off and I promise I'll make you regret it." His eyes darkened for a moment as he adjusted himself. You moved your hand away quickly as your thighs clench at the warning.

"So... what are you?" Your voice was meek as you watched him stop twirling in the chair.

He looked at you and raised an eyebrow. His eyes darkened and turned red. His fangs slid out.

"I'm a vampire." He pointed at his face. "Duh." You rolled your eyes at his attitude.

"Okay." You stood up from the bed and headed out of the bedroom. You'd had enough of his attitude for one morning. Before you even made it to the door, Erik was blocking your path.

"Nah, shorty where you going?" He stared down at you eyes as intense as always.

"One I have a name and I bet you don't even know it. Two I'm hungry. And unlike someone else in this room I don't feed off innocent girls wrapped in a towel."

"YN. Chill with the attitude." Your eyes widened, well maybe he does know your name.

"Okay. So surprise you do know my name. I'm still hungry. So could you please move?"

"I'm still hungry too so no." He responded.

You stomped your foot and began whining.

"No I'm tired and hungry. Move." Your arms crossed your chest. He smirked at your antics. Then moved out of the way.