You're My Favorite

Tomorrow was the day.

Nervousness, was an understatement. Erik had been pacing his apartment since 9 in the morning. He'd waited and planned for this his whole life. He needed everything to go perfectly.

There was no room for fuck ups.

Yeah, shit could go left, but he planned for that too. He deserved Wakanda, just like the white man deserved what Erik had planned for the world once he was king.

He picked up his father's black leather bound journal for the thirtieth time that day. Rereading and rereading the plan he'd made to avenge his fathers untimely death. The local news station droned on in the background.

Silence had not been his friend today. Erik, a man who once welcomed silence, shivered at the idea of being alone with his thoughts and memories.

He glanced down at the keloids that covered his body, and reminded himself that it would all be worth it in the end.

He smiled as he thought ahead to tomorrow, it was his turn now, no one was going to stop him.

He gently put down the book and began pacing again. His mind going over his plans once more. There was no room for error.

Someone banged on his door, and his pacing abruptly stopped. He cocked his head as he eyed the door.

When the knocks stopped he chalked it up to being a mistake, and he began pacing again.

The knocks came again harder than before. A soft voice that contrasted the loud banging came along with it.

"Hello! Please tell me you're still here!" The voice called out. Erik pulled his gun from out of his waistband, cocked it, and swung his door open.

The both of you stood in shock of each other.

"Damn." The two of you murmured to each other.

Erik had seen a lot of girls, but none of them had captured your attention the way you did. Rich brown skin, intense brown eyes, and full lips that were begging him to devour. He took note of the DVD and comic books you were holding. He licked his lips and spoke.

"Wassup." Your knees almost gave out when you heard him speak.

"I just wanted to say, you are my favorite Marvel character and I know how your story ends. And I'm here to help you change it." You handed him the Black Panther comics.

"I ain't no damn comic book character, that don't even look like me." He thrusted the books back at you. A sigh escaped your lips. You know this wouldn't be easy. Not with him at least.

You held up the Black Panther DVD that featured his face and his cousins: Shuri and T'Challa, and numerous other people. Including his current partner, Klaue.

"What the fuck is this shit." His face scrunched up as he snatched the DVD from your hand. He moved into his apartment and put the DVD in and waited for it to play.

His eyes widened as he heard his fathers voice come from his speakers. A sound he hadn't heard in almost 20 years. He dropped to his knees as the story of his homeland was told. A single tear slid down his cheek. You kneeled next to him and gently took his hand, rubbing circles to keep him calm.

Your next word came softly.

"We can change things N'jadaka."