Prove It

Your eyes rolled at the outrageous statement that your date just made. It wasn't a blind date, you knew him from the coffee store you frequent, you have had a few conversations and pleasant interactions before you decided to give him a chance. He's a sweet guy, and very attractive, even though you don't usually find myself attracted to white men. So you were extremely surprised when he opened his mouth to speak just now. Two seconds from getting up you asked him to repeat himself. Just for clarification purposes.

"I'm sorry but what?" Your face scrunched up in disgust. He smiled at you oblivious to the anger that was currently brewing inside of you.

"I said you really caught my eye every time I saw you in the coffee shop, because I have a thing for BBW's, especially black ones." He smirked at me as if he said the best compliment he's ever given. Even with your eyes wide, he seemed to not understand that you were more than offended. Your patience left through the front door and you signaled the waitress.

"May we have the checks please?" I asked her politely.

"Sure darling, together or separate?" You opened your mouth to speak, when your date cut you off.

"Uhm separate please." Your date gave you a sheepish smile and looked away meekly. The waitress looked at you oddly before nodding and walking away quietly.

"I'm sorry. I just I don't have enough money to pay for both of us. At least I didn't put it all on you aye?" You rolled your eyes, and fished into your wallet for $20 to pay for your half and tip, then stood up.

"Thank you for giving me one of the worst nights of my life. By the way, stop fetishizing people or at least don't admit to it." You gave a hard sarcastic smile and walked away. Quickly thanking God that you drove yourself to the terrible date, you made your way home.

~~~~~~~~~

Trudging into your apartment, you quickly shut the door and placed your purse on the kitchen counter. You grabbed your favorite bottle of Stella Rosa Wine out of the fridge and reached up to the top shelf to grab a glass. After your glass was full you ventured out to the living room area to watch Netflix with your wine bottle in tow, for refills.

Your heart stuttered in your chest when you noticed something that wasn't there when you first walked in. A tall brown skin man was laid out on your couch. His short locs were freshly braided back, and his short beard was well moisturized but looked as if it was struggling to connect. He wore white washed distressed jeans and a white V-neck, which exposed the keloids that covered his arms. He held a bottle of your Hennessey in his hand. His brown eyes watched you with an intensity you weren't prepared for.

You took a step back, fear coating your facial features as he approached you slowly. He snatched the bottle of wine out of your hand and took a long sip as he stared into your eyes. When he put the bottle down his eyes ran over you mischief swirled around in his iris.

"I don't understand." He took a step towards forward as he spoke, you stepped back quietly. His handsome face was scrunched up in confusion and irritation.

"Understand what? You're the one in my apartment. Get the fuck out." His face jumped in surprise and amusement. You were struggling to remain calm, even though you should be screaming for help, because of this strange man in your apartment.

"You are fine as fuck." He paused to appreciate your body again. "What am I doing wrong?!" He seemed frustrated and drunk. A bad combination in your eyes. "Shit, if the rules didn't suggest against it I'd make you mine." He bit his lip and stepped towards you again. "Yeah, I might just do that. Rules were meant to be broken, right YN?" Your breath caught in your throat when he said your name.