You're My Favorite Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"You gonna get enough of speaking to me like that."

You roll your eyes and slid out the back doors, you wait by the passenger door for him to open it.

The car beeps and you both slid in, after you throw your backpacks in the back.

"Okay so now we wait for Klaue to contact us that the transaction is going to be handled." Erik said as he turned the car on to pull off.

"Yeah. Except that call isn't going to come because he gets picked up by T'Challa." You speak up.

"Ah shit. I forgot about that. Damn. White people can't do anything right." He spun the car around. "Lucky I have your fine ass, it's like I'm always a step ahead."

You sighed in response. "Where are we going?"

"To catch a flight."

*****

When Erik mentioned catching a flight, you thought he'd buy red eye tickets for the two of you.

"Nah."

"Nah?" You rushed after him as his long legs carried him across the tarmac. "What do you mean nah, Erik?"

He stopped in front of a jet and let out a toned whistled.

"Oh no. Erik. I don't do planes. Let alone these small ones."

He looked back you with a look on his face; he licked his lips before he spoke.

"Nyah, you know we gotta get on an even smaller plane to get to Wakanda, right?"

"Okay. Yeah. But I was prepared for that. This jet is a surprise." Erik looked at you with his eyebrows raised. He opened his mouth to speak but a tall skinny black man came from around the side of the jet.

"Erik, what's up man? How you been." The two men dapped each other up.

"I been good TJ. Look we need you to give us a ride. You know I'm good for it." Erik gestured towards you then the jet. You gave TJ a small smile.

"Damn fam." TJ's eyes raked over you appreciatively. "That you?" Erik stepped in front of you. His broad shoulders blocking you from view.

"Yea she mine. So chill out." You couldn't see the face that Erik gave, but you did see TJ flinch back.

"Aight. Where you need to go?" TJ said.

*****

You refuse to move from Erik's side the whole plane ride, you tightly held onto his hand the entire time. And Erik thoroughly enjoyed it.

"I don't understand why you so scared." Erik mocked you.

"The plane could drop right now and we would die." Erik rolled his eyes in response.

"You literally holding hands with a trained killer and you worried about a plane crash." He chuckles and pulled away from you, only for you to tug him back towards you. You held on to his thick arms tightly.

"Stop playing with me Erik. It's not funny. You the only solid thing in here I halfway trust."

"Halfway?!" He replied. "I'm yo nigga and you only 'halfway' trust me?"

You rolled your eyes and choose not to respond. But when he moved to stand up, you quickly wrapped your legs around his waist and held on to him tightly. A pout formed on your face when he glanced at you.

"Okay. Okay. I guess I trust you. Please don't leave me."

Erik laughed and sat still. His hands moved to rub the outside of your pant covered thigh, his fingers placed a sense of calm in you.

The plane had been flying pretty smoothly for most of the trip. Only recently had the plane begun to experience turbulence.

"Distract me please?" Erik's eyes widened at your request.

"Aight." His hand slid from the outside of your thigh to the inside massaging the sensitive skin between your legs. You knocked his hand away.

"Not like that dumbass!" You shrieked at him.

"That's the best distraction I got though." He stared at you sadly.

"You have more to offer than just blood and dick, Erik. Tell me what you want when we get to Wakanda."

Erik's eyes narrowed as he stared at you. He looked as if he were contemplating whether or not to truthfully answer you.

"I can't figure out if I hate you or not." He replied. You looked at him in surprise and moved to pull your legs from around him. He quickly pulled you to him. "Nah. Don't move, let me finish. You asked for a distraction let me give you one." You let out a deep breath and waited for him to continue.

"I had everything planned out. I was going to do things the way I wanted to. The way I believed it needed to go. And I was going to win. I never knew exactly what happened to my dad. But when I watched that damn movie, everything made sense. Yeah I kill, but only to get what I need done. And if that includes people taking me seriously then so be it." He shrugged.

"But for some fucking reason, I think clearly when you're around. As of now I'm attributing most of it to the fact that if we continued my way, I'd die before I was able to help any of my people, which is the main reason why I'm doing this, to help. So I guess I hate you because you have some effect on me that no one other than my dad did. But at the same time you kinda saved my life. So I guess I don't hate you that much." Erik was staring down at your legs as he spoke.

"You a lame you know that?" You spoke up. If he can hate you can too.

"I'd watch what you say to a nigga Nyah, especially one that got your life in his hands. You know I would deadass drop you out this plane. Better yet, I should just shoot ya ass like I was gonna do to ole girl." Erik shoves your legs off of him and leaves you to comfort yourself for the rest of the shaky plane ride.