Chapter 2

Reborn twitched, eyeing the clock when its digital numbers flashed a bright '10:34 pm'.

It had been hours since Tsuna had left, and the brunet still hadn't come back yet. It left a bitter feeling in the hitman's mouth, and Reborn felt something akin to uneasiness flutter in his gut.

Something was wrong. Tsuna should had been back already, sighing and grumbling like an idiot, but still ultimately carrying packages of food, because he had a bleeding heart of gold and couldn't say no to any d̶e̶m̶a̶n̶d̶  request.

Another minute went by, and only the deafening silence of the house could be heard.

Nana had come home an hour ago, smiling as she carried two slumbering children, followed by a very sleepy Fuuta trailing behind her while she asked, "Ara? Where's Tsu-kun?"

Reborn remembered his reassuring words—

"Don't worry, Mama. Tsuna's just out buying food. He should be home soon."

—Followed by him bidding the gentle lady goodnight; with the promise that he would stay up waiting for the boy.

Nana had protested at first, but eventually relented when she realised that Reborn had also yet to eat. The food was with Tsuna, after all. Reborn staying up would be like killing two birds with one stone.

But that had been an hour ago.

Reborn frowned, emotionless onyx eyes staring at the doorway as minutes continued to tick by with still no Tsuna in sight.

Something was amiss. His own intuition, honed after many years of being a hitman was sending alarm bells pounding in his head.

And Reborn trusted it.

Something was wrong.

Taking one last look at the clock, the hitman scowled and hopped off his seat from the dining table.

He had an idiot to find.

---

The night was cold, and the stars twinkled brightly overhead Reborn and Leon. There was not a single person in sight.

Reborn's intuition continued to prod at him, and onyx eyes sharpened when he caught a slight whiff of something metallic in the air.

He frowned, allowing Leon to turn into a gun as he turned, silently making his way towards the mysterious smell.

Something clattered in the distance.

Reborn tensed, but didn't stop walking.

And then something red caught his eye.

Is...that-

He ran towards to tiny puddle of red liquid, which Reborn knew was blood, and felt his heart thud in anticipation.

Could it be..?

And then there was a hiss and Reborn whirled around to find himself face to face with a blue tabby cat with amber eyes.

He frowned. Just a cat, huh?

The disappointment he felt was immeasurable. Here I was itching for a good fight too...

He turned his attention back to the puddle of blood and began to observe his surroundings.

It seemed as though a tiny fight had just occured. Apart from the puddle of blood, there were tiny scratches littering the area around the ground, as well as some scorch marks on the walls.

Reborn frowned.

"Dame-Tsuna... Just what kind of trouble are you in now?" Muttering softly, he turned to face his partner. "Well, Leon? Anything?"