Fire Safety Education

Hi! Welcome to my Chicago Fire Fanfiction! This story is about Matt Casey's son, who gets soon in big trouble. The Boy investigated against a fire starter (an arsonist).

There is some information for this story:

First of all I do not assign the story to any season. But...

... Casey is a Captain

... Shay died

... Hallie died as well

... Louie never existed.

Please let me know what you think! Wishes and suggestions for improvement are welcome! Enjoy the story!

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Chapter 1 - Fire Safety Education

"Captain Casey and Lieutenant Severide of Firehouse 51 will tell us something about fire safety education today because, as you know, our chemical room burned last week and a number of students and teachers were overwhelmed with the situation!" The teacher explained.

Liam looked up in shock from his paper, where he'd been scrawling until just now, and stared at his father. That's a joke, right? In the 7th class still fire safety education? That was something for babies, toddlers, elementary school.

"Wow, I didn't know your father is already Captain," a classmate whispered laughing at Liam. Slowly he sank back into his chair. Why did his father, of all things, have to carry out fire prevention education? Because they have extinguished the fire? It was just a tiny fire in the chemical room. Well, it was not the first fire in the chemical room, but only because the teacher was doing so dizzy.

"We want to explain to you how quickly a fire can break out, how to prevent it and how to behave properly," Severide explained, looking around at about 20 children. He also quickly found Liam in the back row. He never thought he would ever be able to teach in Liam's class. Casey took the floor and explained how a fire can be caused.

Liam slowly felt like he was really in the wrong movie. He sighed softly, laying his head down on the table and looking bored at the blackboard. He put his headphones in and started the music. He did not have to listen again. He felt that his whole life was fire safety education. From an early age he had to listen to something like that. "Don't play with the fire," they said.

"Liam, are you listening? Can you repeat what Lt. Severide said, please?" the teacher asked. Liam looked at her questioningly, took out his headphones and asked, "What did you say?"

"Please repeat what was said!" the teacher demanded.

"Uh, what was said?" Liam asked confused.

"That's what I want to hear from you," the teacher said.

"But I don't know. Should I listen?" Liam answered. Casey and Severide gave Liam their worried and annoyed look.

"Pack your things and go to the directorate. I want a 5-page essay about fire safety education til tomorrow," said the teacher, "In addition, tell your father that I want to talk to him."

Liam thought he had almost interrogated and stared unbelievably at the teacher. Many of his classmates began to giggle like Severide. Matt looked worriedly at this son.

"Why don't you tell him personally?" Liam answered, throwing his backpack over one shoulder.

"I'd like to see your father on Parenting Day," said the teacher, who apparently did not understand that Captain Casey was his father.

As Liam went through the rows to the door, he walked right past the blackboard and winked at his father, "Dad, the teacher wants to see you on Parenting Day, but you probably already know that. Well, I'll go to the director now. You'll probably get a call right away, but see it positively: you don't have to drive to school, you're already there."

Matt just watched his son speechless as he left the class. That was something of a typical Liam Casey situation. Such a behavior he was allowed to listen countless times on Parents' Day. Severide, on the other hand, barely managed to get out of his laugh. He could not blame the young Casey for not listen. Had he been in his situation, he would hardly have reacted otherwise.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx  

Liam sat on the bar stool at the kitchen counter and wrote his essay while he asked Gabby what he should write. Actually, Gabby wanted to prepare the dinner, but she was always happy when she could help Liam with his homework.

"The important thing is to leave the building immediately," Gabby said and Liam noted down all her sentences.

"What's the best way to leave the building when it's already full of smoke and fire?" Liam asked.

"Well, either put something protective in front of your face to breathe or best you crawl on the floor. Smoke pulls up. Most of the oxygen you can find is close to the ground," she explained. At the same time Matt came home and listened to this conversation long enough. He greeted his wife with a kiss on the mouth and turned to his son, "You write your essay without our help."

"Matt, don't be so strict with Liam. He had only asked one question," Gabby said.

"One question?" Matt curiously raised his eyebrow and turned to his son, "If you'd better listen to the two firefighters, you wouldn't have a question anymore."

Liam sighed, grabbed his things and disappeared into his room. Discussing with his father had never been meaningful.

"What should that be?" Gabby asked confused and Matt explained what had happened at school.

"I can fully understand Liam. It would have been super in elementary school when the father reported on his job as a firefighter ... but in 7th grade? Matt, let's be honest. Would you have found it great?" Gabby shared her thoughts with her husband.

Matt sighed and wrapped his hands around her waist, "Probably not, but that's not the point. It had burned at school and still a few students and teachers reacted wrong. Such a serious topic and Liam ignores it."

"I'm sure Liam didn't mean it bad. He knows the dangers of fire better than any other kid in his class," said Gabby, thinking back to what happened years ago when Hallie Thomas was killed in the flames.

"You're right." Matt sighed and kissed his wife again, "I love you, Gabby. What would I do without you!"