𝐓 │37

Third Person  

Turns out, Alex's flight was delayed for some reason, so by the time Zach got to Helsinki, Alex was still in Dallas, waiting to get on the plane. She ended up staying overnight in a hotel nearby, after a couple of hours explaining to her mom and friends why she couldn't go home.

So when she finally did board her plane, Alex was exhausted and just wanted to get home. She put her airpods in and relaxed, ready for the 2 hours flight to be over. But she wasn't relaxed for long. 

Upon arriving back in Atlanta, after disembarking the plane, and going through everything and getting her bags, Alex was ready to home, collapse on her bed and stay there for days.

But no, seemingly the universe still had things in store for Alex.

She was walking, dragging her suitcases behind her, staring down at her phone, about to call herself a uber when she heard her name being called.

Looking up, she met the gaze of a guy, and freezing when they saw that they had the exact same eyes. Which only meant one thing, seeing as Alex had no brothers, only Elexis, who looked exactly like their mom. 

"Dad?" Alex mumbled, before she felt a rush of panic, and dropping her suitcases, leaving her with only her phone, following signs to the nearest bathroom. She locked herself in a empty stall, tears threatening to spill.

After a few moments they did, and Alex did the only thing she could think of.

Meanwhile, 4,821 miles away from her, Zach was in a interview with all the guys, and was being asked on how they all thought the Europe tour would go. 

"I think it's gonna be amazing." Jonah started. "It's always amazing to see the international fans-" His words were cut off by the sound of Zach's ringtone, and everyone turned to look at him.

"Sorry." Zach said, looking confused on who would call him, but then pulling out his phone to see it was Alex and he answered immediately, standing up. "Alex what's wrong?"

The other boys stayed seated, all sharing glances. The other four members of the band had been updated on Zach and Alex's relationship, and all were happy with the girl Zach had finally ended up with.

Zach had answered the call smiling, but it slowly faded when Alex tried to tell him what was up, only for more tears to spill. "Alex, Alex just chill and take a few deep breaths and then explain to me."

At this point, everyone in the room was silent, mostly all confused - as not all of them knew Zach had a girlfriend, and the rest worried. 

Back in the Atlanta airport bathroom, Alex was a mess, tears streaming down her cheeks at this point. "Zach it's my dad. He's here. At the airport."

Zach froze, and listened to the rest of Alex's words, whispering to the other guys what was going, who understood immediately - Alex having talked to all of them about how her dad left her.

"Ok, Lex." Zach said, sitting back down after having paced around most of the small interview room. "What you are going to do for me, is you're going to wipe those tears, give yourself a couple of minutes to chill, and then go and see your dad, like the incredible, brave girl you are. Ok?"

"Ok." Alex replied, and Zach stayed on the phone whilst she unlocked the stall door, and wiped her tears and splashed her face with cold water. "I'm ready." She mumbled, and Zach smiled, although she couldn't see him.

"Talk to you later, and you can tell me everything, ok?" Zach said, before her agreeing and hanging up. Zach put his phone in his pocket again, before looking up to see everyone staring at him. He sat back down, blushing slightly.

"Well who would've thought he actually gave good advice." Daniel commented, making everyone laugh.

~

a/n
alex's dick of a father is back